Easiest way to remove whatever this is 🙂

Bought a Harbor Freight hatchet with a fiberglass handle to do some first time modifications to. whats the easiest way to remove that black bonding material ? dremmel stone is taking forever .
Thanks for the help!

without guessing what it is and which chemicals to use....

is it a solid chunk end to end? if so maybe try drilling through it few times, controlled of course..... and then trying to break chunks loose that way.

A few weeks ago I found a splitting maul head, and the eye was full of epoxy. Drilling it out wasn't going to work, so I braced it on some wood blocks and took a steel rod to hammer and drive the epoxy right out.

Many types of epoxy are softened with heat, perhaps a nice bath in a pot of boiling water before having a go with a chisel and hammer might help.

Wow!
What did you use to carve the steel??

That is amazing! Any chance you could do a short write up of everything? I'd love to know your process. If it isn't too much trouble!
thanks billy. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on how to reshape head with an angle grinder and cutoff wheels. then sanded it all down . watched YT vids on etching using a car battery charger to get the dragon etching. watched YT vids on how to do paracord wrap and YT vids on burning and oiling the handle lol. where would i be without the internet ? lol

Back