East Coast Custom Knife Show and my first custom folder!(pic)

Hello all,

I attended The East Coast Custom Knife Show this past Friday and picked up my FIRST custom folder. It is a small Chinese folder by Bob Lum.

View

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1431048&a=10724144&p=43434623

It has a 2 3/8” ATS-34 blade with 3 ½” titanium handle scales. The opening device is a nail nick but the nick is so big and deep and the action is SOOOO SMOOOTH!, that it easily opens with one hand as if it were a stud or hole. The fit and finish on this knife are the best I have seen on a folder. Everything about this knife is flawless. To top it off, Bob has got to be one of the nicest, funniest people that I have ever met. We spent a good 10 minutes just cracking jokes back and forth, laughing our butts off. I highly recommend Bob’s work to ANYONE looking for a real quality knife. I will be sending the knife back to Bob in a couple of months so he can put a clip on it for me. I have way too many things in my pockets to carry it in the bottom of my pocket, and I have no more room on my belt for another sheath, so it needs a clip.

Besides getting my first custom folder there were a lot of other high points of the day, like meeting Tim Herman! If you think his knives look good in pictures, you have to see them in person. They are absolutely beautiful. Tim is a really nice guy and I enjoyed talking to him.

I also spent some time shooting the breeze with RJ Martin; always a pleasure. RJ is very knowledgeable and loves to talk knives.

I got to meet Phil again, unfortunately it was short lived. Phil is like a ghost. Once he walks through those doors he vanishes!
smile.gif
I figured he would be wherever the “Stag” was, but could not find him.

I also met forum member JerryO. Another nice individual with some sweet knives on his person. JerryO had the daddy version of my baby Lum. That knife was a bad ass. Maybe JerryO can post a pic if he reads this?

Well, overall it was a great show. I can’t wait for the one in November
smile.gif

------------------
Louis Buccellato
http://www.themartialway.com
Knives, Weapons and equipment. Best prices anywhere.
-------------

"only the paranoid will survive"

Nice choice for a first folder! I wish Lum would stop by the Badger show next week so I could get one too!

Knice nife Louis!
I snagged this one
dippold_blade.jpg

More info in the Custom forum.

Sorry I didn't get to see you there... next year I guess...

[This message has been edited by Wulf (edited 03-12-2001).]

Thanks Summerland.

Wulf, that is a beaut! We will plan a better meeting for the Nov. show. I think the lack of Name tags is what threw everything. Maybe next time we should just make our own tags?

------------------
Louis Buccellato
http://www.themartialway.com
Knives, Weapons and equipment. Best prices anywhere.
-------------

"only the paranoid will survive"

View

Bob Lum Chinese Folder Large!

Hi Lou, great chewing the fat with you.

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Louis,
I might have to get me one of them!! That has always struck me as a VERY useful, everyday knife.
Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Hand Made Knives..High Tech Materials
blackwoodknives.com

Very nice, Lou. I was also there Fri. and enjoyed the show and the ease with which I could chat with the best makers in the world.
Look forward to the Nov. show.

Dick

Back