Easy solution to posting images on Bladeforums?

Good, bad or mixed?

• Total voters
Since imgur doesn't prove BBC codes (that I can find) I am testing this site called ImgBB.com. After you upload an image it provides a BBC embed link. Let's see If it good or bad? If there is a image below, at least it worked.

Yup, it worked. However, it is cropping the image. You must click on it to see the full image.

Well, this ain't working the way I hoped.

Mixed.

Hover over image on imgur, click top right arrow, choose "get share links", click copy next to BBC Code (Forums)

Takes about 3 seconds.

qZPKPmM.jpg

Since imgur doesn't prove BBC codes (that I can find) I am testing this site called ImgBB.com. After you upload an image it provides a BBC embed link. Let's see If it good or bad? If there is a image below, at least it worked.

Yup, it worked. However, it is cropping the image. You must click on it to see the full image.

Well, this ain't working the way I hoped.

Mixed.
Since you have a gold membership just click on upload a file (under 400k) and it's good. Just a random pic from my resize folder.20190714_162713-1024x980.jpg

For Imgur, if you are posting from a computer, click on the picture. On the right side of the screen are links, including BB code.

But you don't need no stinking BB code. There are two other ways to add the picture to your post:
  1. Copy the web address and paste it into your post, then add the code yourself by adding the code on each side. Square paren IMG square paren
  2. click the picture posting tool on the tool bar. It's next to the smiley tool. A popup will appear. paste the pic into the popup, then click the INSERT button.

Last edited:
Does imgur provide BB code in tablet mode? Doesn't work for me.

Resizing can be a bit of a pain, but it's not a bad option.

Sure. Just click the picture, press the Share button, and Copy link. Then you get the proper code straight away.
TdH8qVB.jpg

65B35BD2-B703-4707-BE8C-996D266B594E.jpeg I can shoot pix with my iPad or iPhone. I prefer the pad because I get a better look at the subject. Once the pic is in my library, I pull it out using the ImageSize app. I choose a pic, crop it with my fingers, and push the save button. Now the pic is back in my library and ready to use using the Upload a File button.
I should mention that this only works with a paid membership. The ImageSize app is free, but I paid a little extra to lose the pop ups.

USING IMGUR TO POST PICTURES ON A FORUM

You can't post an image directly to a forum?

Create an account (free) at Imgur.com. Create an Imgur name, like a forum name here.

To find a picture you have saved (probably in the "picture" file) on your computer,

click on "Browse" at Imgur (which automatically appears when you open IMGUR,)

"Open" the picture you want to copy or "drag" that picture to the IMGUR screen (you will be prompted as to where to put it by IMGUR.). This saves the picture to Imgur.

Put cursor on your IMGUR name at upper right to drop down a menu of actions.

Click on "[your Imgur name] images" on the menu that drops. Images that you have saved to IMGUR will appear in a grid to the right.

Click on the image in the grid that you wish to share here.

On the right side of the screen, a list of options appears. Click on blue "Copy" tab on "BBCode" from the list of options.

Go to forum page where you want picture to show up and "paste" link you just copied from Imgur on that page. Save your post, which will include the picture so long as it is still saved in IMGUR.

It gets easier and easier as you use it. I figured it out on my own, and I am computer-challenged

Back