Ebay Fakes

I am about done with ebay since my collection is piling up nicely. I will soon just be checking it periodically and scouring the local gunshows for hidden treasures.

However, I have compiled a nice list of fake SOG sellers from China. All of you can probably spot the fakes anyway, however, several of these morons put up like 10+ at a time and make your searches take way longer in the general SOG area.

Go to the advanced search, use "SOG" for the keywords, scroll down to sellers, check the box for "Only Show Items From", tick the box for "Sellers" should be by default, on the pulldown select "Exclude" then paste the following into the field:

leo18k,wusky88,jasoneb,warren_china_2010,jy462709,baeutiful2you,huang2011knife,ydservice678,fortunatetime,ttjp01,youandme009,buyfavorite2011,cb87471,9zdj

Each seller is divided up by a comma, making it 14 in all. Optionally, you can also put "patch patches" in the exclude box at the top of the search page. It helps to weed out all of the SOG military patches and make your search that much cleaner. Make sure you save your search afterwards so you don't have to do this every time.

Chris from SOG, if you are reading this, I have reported a lot of these auctions and it doesn't look like ebay has done anything. Most of these fakes are the aluminum handled folders that SOG has never made.

Ebay tends to ignore these sellers, after all ebay is getting their cut of the deal

Over the years I've reported tons of sellers/auctions for fake items. It seemed very hit or miss on whether it was pulled or not.

Yeah, I posted on that one too. That is what gave me the idea to let the SOG guys know what I had been seeing lately and a way to weed through some of it.

We are aware of them and they keep popping up under different names. It is a never ending quest to try and stop them. Also, we don't really seem to get a lot of response from Ebay about them. Really frustrating.

I just filter the location to be "US Only" or "North America". It's certainly possible for sellers in the US (or Canada or Mexico) to sell fakes, but doing that one simple filter does eliminate about 99% of the noise.

hey guys my dad just started getting on ebay and hes been buying knives like crazy he got 2 knives called flash tanto 2s at first glance i knew they were fake cuz they have an eagle on the handle and dont look like your tipicail sog pluss it says flash tanto and thats not right either anyways hes out like 40.00 bucks on crap and im mad as hell cuz hes sprnt like 500 bucks with them in the past 2 weeks there is no reason for crap like this i mean someone can make an ok knife and sale it for 20 bucks you dont have to lie about the name and now we can collect or sale them cuz there fake im just pissed

We do monitor EBay and unfortunately it is becoming a full time job to get all the fakes caught and reported. I don't think that they actually do anything about it and if they do the seller just pop up under a different name in a week or two. it is really frustrating and we are working on ways to stop this.

My friend got ripped off with a sog from china. I will never buy a knife on ebay anymore, has anyone ever seen a fake on amazon? weather a sog, spyderco, kershaw...

My friend got ripped off with a sog from china. I will never buy a knife on ebay anymore, has anyone ever seen a fake on amazon? weather a sog, spyderco, kershaw...

I've bought several Spydies, SOGs, and Kershaws on Amazon and never had a problem.
I normally restrict myself to those items marked "Ships from and sold by Amazon".

SOG DOG #2

what exactly does Ships from and sold by amazon mean? like where do you find that?

It means its sold by Amazon, not one of the hundreds for vendors who sell thru Amazon.
Its on every page, near the top, underneath the product name and price.

The times I've bought from other vendors on Amazon, I've gotten excellent service, but the chance of having a hassle is greater.

Buying from Amazon, about the only risk is that you might get a defective item that was returned by someone and Amazon put it back in stock. Even then, you can return it and in most cases there won't be any shipping costs to get it or return it.

SOG DOG #2

I bought fake SOG at price of 14$. It is spring assisted witch are forbinned buy here in Finland, but these were in finnish netstore. Actually I bought 3 of them, nice toys to me and couble of friends. I don´t carry that with me so I´m not criminal, it is O.K to have in home even selling and buying is forbidden, stypid laws:mad: Cheap Stress Reliever Toy still:p

I bought fake SOG at price of 14$. It is spring assisted witch are forbinned buy here in Finland, but these were in finnish netstore. Actually I bought 3 of them, nice toys to me and couble of friends. I don´t carry that with me so I´m not criminal, it is O.K to have in home even selling and buying is forbidden, stypid laws:mad: Cheap Stress Reliever Toy still:p

Why come here to brag about supporting the counterfeiting industry? It makes you look like a very bad person.

This is such a sad situation in so many ways. One day I thought I would casually mention to a seller the knives he was selling were listed as fakes and provided links etc.

Ended up getting cursed out and threatened by an ebayer and finally just got away from it after realizing it truly is a losing battle with ebay.

I did try and just got cursed out.

If you do a search on ebay and just type in SOG knives.......you will be shocked, the first 10 or 20 pages are all fakes.

Almost all of them are fakes......so sad.

Robbie Roberson

It is terrible. You can easily spend a couple hours a day every day reporting the sog fakes. Ebay doesn't seem to care. Once you exclude items shipping from outside the USA most of them go away. Also, the Sog fakes don't resemble a SOG product in the least unlike the fake spydercos.

Back