EBay handmade knife

Hello I bought a handmade knife on eBay nice looking blade looks like a lot of nice work went into the construction I think it's d2 one day I dropped it on my brick walkway and the edge got chipped and dinged up so I started to fix it and it seemed real soft I tested with a file and and it grabbed pretty good so I wonder are some knives designed this way or is it most likely junk any information would be great

Not hardened right or not really d2? Everyone thinks they are a knife maker these days. Did it chip? Or dent?

Even the big guys mess up once in a while.

did you use it at all before you dropped it? Was it taking and holding an edge?

Interesting, hate to say it it but it does sound skeptical. Did they give you any info on the maker or process of making it?

Lots of low quality knives on ebay. Ditto so called 'D2.' Post a pic and we are more likely to be able to tell you whether its a Pakistani/Chinese'handmade' knife etc or a proper knife.

Without a good quality pic, its all speculation.

Unfortunately I don't know how to post pics on this forum but thank you so much for the replies this is just one I bought off of eBay I don't generally buy from eBay I have a lot of knives just took a chance on this one I will try to use the URL feature on the form and post pics of my other knives thank you so much for your replies just trying to learn more

Let's have some fun with it is someone wants to give me an address I'll send knife to them they can check it out post picks and give their opinion and maybe send it to someone else to look at they don't really want it back just curious thanks MR
D

Unfortunately I don't know how to post pics on this forum but thank you so much for the replies this is just one I bought off of eBay I don't generally buy from eBay I have a lot of knives just took a chance on this one I will try to use the URL feature on the form and post pics of my other knives thank you so much for your replies just trying to learn more
You can use imgur to post a pic. Its easy to do.

Trying to learn more is what its all about:thumbsup:

Maybe while you are on Ebay you can find a keyboard that has punctuation keys that actually work....
y5yes3U.gif

Let's have some fun with it is someone wants to give me an address I'll send knife to them they can check it out post picks and give their opinion and maybe send it to someone else to look at they don't really want it back just curious thanks MR
D

lol, that's a new one. Like another mentioned imgur.com will serve you well for posting pics

Use this link https://postimages.org/
Hit upload, then choose your picture.
Once it's uploaded use the blue icon at the hotlink for forums to copy the image and paste it here.
That's 5 easy steps that will have your picture here in full sized for us to see.

Here's a pic of that knife I was asking about also a test to see if I can post pics

you need to use [ img ] using text, then paste the link to the .jpg or .gif then follow it with [ / img]
(without spaces in the square brackets) you're 99% of the way there ; )

This sucks I have lots of social media accounts and never have this kinda trouble I remember I had the same problem here years back and just gave up its probably time they upgrade this site seems to be old technology anyway I'll keep trying I have lots of knife pics I would love to share

Use this link https://postimages.org/
Hit upload, then choose your picture.
Once it's uploaded use the blue icon at the hotlink for forums to copy the image and paste it here.
That's 5 easy steps that will have your picture here in full sized for us to see.

Wow, postimages.org? o_O Lol mIRC called, they want their Pentium 90 486 with 4 megabytes of RAM and Windows 95 back. :D

You have an IMGUR account already, use it, its easy.
On your images page, you'll see a bunch of thumb nail pics.
s8hkuSj.png

Click on the pic you want to use and you get this window
hE4JoND.png

Pick a size on the bottom right of the window, then click the blue BBCode COPY box, second from the bottom. Paste the code here in the text box.
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/MPdpJNi.jpg[/img]

becomes this
MPdpJNi.jpg

Last edited:
Back