Ebony Timeframe & Details

How are the current sheaths? Are they US made? Better than the Mexican made ones?

The quality of the sheath seems to be as good as they've always been. The sheath that came with my ebony 110 is made in Mexico... But I noticed that they switched back to the loop style belt strap (like on the USA made sheath), rather than the flat style that used to come on the sheaths made in Mexico.

From left to right:
New Buck 110 ebony sheath (made in Mexico)
Old Buck 110 sheath (made in Mexico)
Buck 112 distressed sheath (made in USA)

Fkf1oBy.jpg

The quality of the sheath seems to be as good as they've always been. The sheath that came with my ebony 110 is made in Mexico... But I noticed that they switched back to the loop style belt strap (like on the USA made sheath), rather than the flat style that used to come on the sheaths made in Mexico.

From left to right:
New Buck 110 ebony sheath (made in Mexico)
Old Buck 110 sheath (made in Mexico)
Buck 112 distressed sheath (made in USA)

Fkf1oBy.jpg
Thank you Fixall for the answer and Great pictures! I hope the current ones hold their shape better than the older Mexican ones.

I think the leather sheaths have the knife riding too high above my belt and thats too high for me. I took some sheaths to a leather shop in town and had them re stitch the loop so the top of the sheaths ride slightly above the belt. Just my style i guess.
Thing is no one can see the alteration.
DN

Back