Ed Fowler Pronghorn

nice score. I met Ed at Blade a couple years ago- he took his knife off his belt and just dropped it point first onto the stone floor. The floor took more damage than the knife. I spent an hour or two hanging out with him and Chris Amos, and I think maybe I learned a couple years worth of knowledge over that time

Ed is a super nice guy! We ended up staying in the same hotel for Blade a few years back and ended up talking both at breakfast and on the shuttle to the sho several times. Epitome of a gentleman artist!

An Ed Fowler has been a grail knife for me for quite some time now.... guess it's gonna take winning the Powerball or something like that to fulfill many of those wishes. That Pronghorn sure is a beauty. I hope you use it like Ed intends you do.

He is one of those makers that you can recognize their knives from across a room. Very nice

Not sure what a "grail" knife is but that is a beauty. Maybe too nice to take out in the woods.
Tim

Nice score Sir! It was amazing picking up any of Ed's work, it just melts in your hand. His heat treat on 52100 is like Nathan's with 3V. Enjoy that beauty!

Congrats nice score, I've always wanted one of his knives especially after reading about the awesome heat treating he does on them.

Not sure what a "grail" knife is.....
There's a picture of one at the top of the thread :)

Even at that price point they still seem to be users. I've seen numerous photos of used Ed Fowler knives. Something like one of these and using it would be perfection.

Back