1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ed Fowler Pronghorn

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Gossman Knives, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    Finally got another grail knife. Wanted one of these for a long time.
    Scott

IMG_0001 (1).JPG

IMG_0002 (1).JPG

Grenock, Dawkind, cbach8tw and 6 others like this.
  2. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    nice score. I met Ed at Blade a couple years ago- he took his knife off his belt and just dropped it point first onto the stone floor. The floor took more damage than the knife. I spent an hour or two hanging out with him and Chris Amos, and I think maybe I learned a couple years worth of knowledge over that time

Gossman Knives likes this.
  3. navman

navman Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Ed is a super nice guy! We ended up staying in the same hotel for Blade a few years back and ended up talking both at breakfast and on the shuttle to the sho several times. Epitome of a gentleman artist!

4. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    An Ed Fowler has been a grail knife for me for quite some time now.... guess it's gonna take winning the Powerball or something like that to fulfill many of those wishes. That Pronghorn sure is a beauty. I hope you use it like Ed intends you do.

5. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    I have talked with Ed at the Blade show a couple of times. He is a wealth of knowledge. @Mongo I plan on putting it to work during deer season.
    Scott

gruntinhusaybah and Mongo like this.
  6. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    He is one of those makers that you can recognize their knives from across a room. Very nice

7. tim37a

tim37a

May 18, 2010
    Not sure what a "grail" knife is but that is a beauty. Maybe too nice to take out in the woods.
    Tim

8. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Nice score Sir! It was amazing picking up any of Ed's work, it just melts in your hand. His heat treat on 52100 is like Nathan's with 3V. Enjoy that beauty!

9. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Congrats nice score, I've always wanted one of his knives especially after reading about the awesome heat treating he does on them.

10. braillediver

braillediver Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 6, 2007
    There's a picture of one at the top of the thread :)

Even at that price point they still seem to be users. I've seen numerous photos of used Ed Fowler knives. Something like one of these and using it would be perfection.

11. aberastains

aberastains Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2012
    great knife! that one is in my grail list too...did you dare to use it?

12. fmrranger

fmrranger

May 13, 2010
    Sweet score, congratulations on acquiring a knife you've been lusting after!