EDC III Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rare that I carry a fixed blade but I really like this little knife.
005.jpg

I wear it between 4 and 5 o'clock IWB, with the the paracord loop around my belt. I have never been a fixed blade fan for EDC, but carrying like this is very comfortable and unobtrusive. I don't think anyone has noticed it unless I am leaning forward, it would be more obvious if you need to tuck your shirt in. The draw method Lucas Burnley devised works perfectly, the knife clears the sheath when it is at a safe distance from the body.

Kwaikens are super cool! I find myself wanting the Burnley flipper now...

I've had my eye on the Obake for a while, because I love CRKT, and Kwaikens.

It might be a little big for someone of my height, though. How do you conceal it?

Edit: I assume you don't open carry, but I know what can happen when one "assumes"...

I wear it between 4 and 5 o'clock IWB, with the the paracord loop around my belt. I have never been a fixed blade fan for EDC, but carrying like this is very comfortable and unobtrusive. I don't think anyone has noticed it unless I am leaning forward, it would be more obvious if you need to tuck your shirt in. The draw method Lucas Burnley devised works perfectly, the knife clears the sheath when it is at a safe distance from the body.

Kwaikens are super cool! I find myself wanting the Burnley flipper now...

Thankya! I'll have to look for Burnley's draw method.

Just received ZT 566. Love the size of this knife. Thinner blade stock is a plus as well. I feel like this could be a great cutter. Torsion bar already removed. Needs to be taken apart again and looked at to make it a little smoother. Maybe polish the washers. Going to make a scale for this one as well.

54368AE3-E162-4C87-A313-C58D0052010D_zpsppv1xqvq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

EDC'ing the 940 at work today. Bought a 943 to designate for office carry as soon as it arrives.

IMG_20140414_100419_zpsqlauhgod.jpg

Have not figured out posting pix- so specs will have to do sorry.

San Mai W2 Core A203E Cladding
OAL- 6 1/2"
Blade- 3"
Thickness- 5/32"
Surface Finish- Brut De Forge
Scales- OD Green G-10 with Blued Mild Steel Pins

That BM is REALLY lite. How sturdy is it? Does it have liners?

I don't believe there are liners but the G10 is sturdy enough. I had a 530 for about 5 minutes a couple years ago but it didn't feel sturdy to me with the zytle handles. This version with the G10 feels much better and I really like the knife for it's thinness and because it is so light weight.

Last edited:
I don't believe there are liners but the G10 is sturdy enough. I had a 530 for about 5 minutes a couple years ago but it didn't feel sturdy to me with the zytle handles. This version with the G10 feels much better and I really like the knife for it's thinness and because it is so light weight.

Looking inside mine, it appears to me that there are partial liners that run from the pivot to the middle of the handle scales where the screws are located.

It's a fantastic knife, although I'm going to round over the handle scales a bit, as there are some sharp edges.

Looking inside mine, it appears to me that there are partial liners that run from the pivot to the middle of the handle scales where the screws are located.

It's a fantastic knife, although I'm going to round over the handle scales a bit, as there are some sharp edges.

This may be a good hiking knife.

Just received ZT 566. Love the size of this knife. Thinner blade stock is a plus as well. I feel like this could be a great cutter. Torsion bar already removed. Needs to be taken apart again and looked at to make it a little smoother. Maybe polish the washers. Going to make a scale for this one as well.

54368AE3-E162-4C87-A313-C58D0052010D_zpsppv1xqvq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Love that 0566, one of my favorite carries. Try wiping out all that packed grease where the torsion bar was, then it should be a lot smoother. I also removed my torsion bar. Smooth as butter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back