EDC Keychain Flashlight

Anyone recommend a good EDC keychain flashlight. I had my eye on the Suredire Titan Plus but can't find it anywhere I have the suspicion it may be discontinued.

Just got an Olight iMini 2. Hasn't annoyed me yet and I like that it detaches from the keys.

Just got an Olight iMini 2. Hasn't annoyed me yet and I like that it detaches from the keys.

Detaching from keys won't be much of an issue since I have a titanium kappa quick release. Nice that the olight has a detachment already though.

I've been using Maratac AAA lights on my key chain for a decade or so. They hold up great. The only reason that I bought a second one was because of the upgrade. Maximum output is only half that of the Titan Plus but they are a lot less expensive, considerably lighter in weight, and very reliable.
Whistle.jpg

I have a Titan Plus; but it's bigger than I want on my key ring.
I use an Olight i3E there, and a Fenix E02R on my ID badge. I'll add pics tomorrow (the Surefire Titan Plus is at home)

The Rovyvon lights are extremely potent for their size. I don't like that the newer ones with the USB-C port don't have the press+hold for momentary on, so I prefer the older micro-USB. There's different varieties that switch up the primary LED, the body (clear vs GITD), and side LEDs.

I like Reylight Pineapple Mini. They come in different color cases and can be found on Amazon or knife stores like Knifecenter. I have several colors; below is it in blue. Ignore the other junk.

IMG_3590.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions ill definitely have a look at them. Don't the olights have a bad reputation?
The rovyvon looks good and I like that the Maratak is made in the USA, don't really mind that its not as powerful as the Surefire considering the price and maybe the Surefire is overkill amyway.

Last edited:
Don't the olights have a bad reputation?
In general Olight as a company has a good reputation.

All of my lights that I use these days are Fenix so I recommend that brand too. I have a Fenix E03R on my keychain and it seems to work well. I think their E01 and E02 are popular too.

I really like the Prometheus Beta QVR2 in Ti, but they recently discontinued it. The QVR3 was released though. I’ll be snagging one when they drop.

The quick-release setup on them works well.

Thanks for the suggestions ill definitely have a look at them. Don't the olights have a bad reputation?
The rovyvon looks good and I like that the Maratak is made in the USA, don't really mind that its not as powerful as the Surefire considering the price and maybe the Surefire is overkill amyway.

Good lights. But you need to use Olight batteries with them. That requirement bothers some people.

If the Maratac is made in USA, it's news to me.

Good lights. But you need to use Olight batteries with them. That requirement bothers some people.

If the Maratac is made in USA, it's news to me.
According to Blade HQ its made in USA but could be wrong i guess i cant find any information other than that.

hSCagqh.jpg

According to Blade HQ its made in USA but could be wrong i guess i cant find any information other than that.

They may be correct. But "Maratac" is a trade name used by County Comm. That's a US company, but they outsource production. So where the lights are actually made, I do not know. Excellent lights. I have two. But they are not marked with a country of origin.

They may be correct. But "Maratac" is a trade name used by County Comm. That's a US company, but they outsource production. So where the lights are actually made, I do not know. Excellent lights. I have two. But they are not marked with a country of origin.
Been looking at the Maratac Titanium Rev 5 probably going for it until the Surefire Titan becomes available again. Do you have the Rev 5 model?

I don't. I have a couple of black anodized AAA lights. One of them has been through the washer and drier several times. Still works. The othe one is my wife's and lives in the safety of her purse. No washer cycles for it.

A few for size comparison
View attachment 2389435
From left to right:
Olight i1R discontinued
Fenix E02R (carried on my work badges)
Olight i3E (carried on my keyring)
Lumintop Worm
Lumintop Tool
Surefire Titan Plus
Peak Eiger

Last edited:
Been using the TINI 2 for quite a while now and really like it. Claim is 500 lumens and has a lockout so it won't activate in your pocket.
Also rechargeable. Very small.
C2GEpsVl.jpg

Back