edc/multi tool pouch

Hi guys, I'm looking for a good sheath/pouch that will hold a leatherman wave and a swiss army knife (about farmer or hiker size) anybody know of one? i don't want nothing too big and would like to keep it under $20.
Thanks for any info

While they are a little above what you are looking at price wise, Skinth sheaths are the only aftermarket multi-tool sheaths I've seen in actual professional use for long term. Yeah companies like maxped do decent single-tool sheaths, but when it comes to a custom setup, skinth is the jam.

You might already have one.

My Leatherman Wave came with a belt sheath that has an elastic band on one side that a Vic Farmer fits in.

IMG_2161.JPG

Although I like the sturdiness of the leatherman sheath, if you want to reduce your pocket load out, or if you want to carry more things, many belt pouch organizers or camera pouches might be one alternative for you.

I picked up this LowePro pouch on sale at BB for $5 IIRC (I don't use it in the summer because it interferes with my riding jacket). In the pic below, it carries:

1. Small knife/multitool
2. Backup mini MT
3. AA flashlight
4. Lighter
5. Emergency cash
6. Rubber gloves
7. Alcohol swabs
8. Bandages
9. Cigar cutter
10. Nail clippers
11. Pen

7iRc8VHU1R3xvwcQ2MaibnAWNwud5VFRYrrjX0Yc8_zSup3sKIXUL-6N_8MgPk2iZHlcM2YeIQmE6mS5jmtoacqD5sPVHsqsBifC58fTRMdnxw80xMuXFWJwe-GiVYBGeWxztqCLLw

There are people that make little pouches of that type that hold only a couple of things- search the net for "skinth".

the leatherman sheath just doesn't hold the sak secure enough for me, and if i get too big of a pouch i'm afraid I'll stuff too much in it. I figured somebody made a simple budget one

You might also try the Gerber Custom-fit Dual sheath. You can find them at Cabelas if you want to see them first hand. I have one for certain knives I wanted to EDC. It has a small divider for the pouch area.

The reason why I don't use it much, is that with all the customizable features to accommodate different setups, the added nylon layers/tabs add more girth to it then I want... that's actually why I started using the small pouch, as it would stick out just as far off of my belt.

REI used to sell small belt pouches that fit different MT's and pocket knives very well. Unfortunately I think the line was discontinued. I think the brand was called Rainbow of California. I used to carry the leatherman sheath plus one of those for my two MT combo carry, and it was pretty low profile for getting in and out of the car seat. Too much bulk and a belt sheath starts to rub against my seat belt holder.

Back