Recommendation? EDC pry bar/multi tool with finger ring?

Hello everyone! As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for an edc-able pry bar tool which has a finger ring or something similar.

This will be a gift, as a friend of mine is looking to carry something, especially around her property while working on projects, and I have come up more or less empty handed.

She has a CRKT Viva which she likes but says is a bit small. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff that I have seen is also advertised as a kubaton or self defense item which won't fly here in Canada.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
That one was on my list, but it also gets marketed as a self defense tool which will get you in trouble here in Canada just for carrying around.

I don’t understand why you would want one with a ring.
Seems like a great way to end up with a broken finger if you weren’t careful.

Etsy.

From time to time there are makers that make “Bottle Openers” which are made from Ti.

Search : “Titanium PryBar”

Last edited:
Sorry to ask but it's a female and will be carried on her property? And you still fear that a law enforcement officer will hold the fact that something is advertised as a kubotan on the internet against her if she uses it against an unlawfull attack? Seems unrealistic to me.

I don’t understand why you would want one with a ring.
Seems like a great way to end up with a broken finger if you weren’t careful.
Better retention with gloves is a big one. It gets really cold now that it's winter and gloves are a must. Also having the ring let's you flip the tool over the back of your hand so you can do other things without having to put it down every time.

Can she use a adjustable wrench that has been modified with a grinder to act as a prybar because the wrench head was "broke". She could slip her finger in the ring in the end and you can cut it off at an appropriate lenght. Because it's not designed as a "weapon" it has plausable deniability.

Sorry to ask but it's a female and will be carried on her property? And you still fear that a law enforcement officer will hold the fact that something is advertised as a kubotan on the internet against her if she uses it against an unlawfull attack? Seems unrealistic to me.
Fair question, thing is that self defense laws in Canada are garbage and there have been several incidents of the victims being charged along with the aggressors.
The more salient issue is that if she takes it with her anywhere and it gets noticed, the simple fact that it is advertised as something for self defense automatically means it is illegal to carry in Canada and she could be charged.
I just don't want her to have to leave a useful tool at home all the time because a technicality could get her in trouble.

See the last one? Grind the wrench head off and grind a prybar/ nailpuller end to it if her gloved finger can fit thru the end. They will have a hard time explaining to a jury that the "nail puller" she made from a broken wrench is a purpose build weapon.

See the last one? Grind the wrench head off and grind a prybar/ nailpuller end to it if her gloved finger can fit thru the end. They will have a hard time explaining to a jury that the "nail puller" she made from a broken wrench is a purpose build weapon.
That's a pretty slick idea! I'll definitely look into it. Probably less expensive than a purpose built tool as well.

I understand your problem. I live in Belgium. In belgium "any object" you take with you with the intent to use as a weapon is automatically a weapon....

Oh yeah, so you get the pain of having to deal with that. Here in Canada, even if it COULD be a weapon is a problem because the police and courts assume malicious intent without a reason for possession. Basically, if the cop doesn't buy your reasoning, you're going for a ride.

Budget?

TwoSun has a Ti prybar with finger ring. Not sure if long enough or $48 is too much.

Budget isn't a huge issue as it will be a gift, but about $50 US or less is what I was hoping. Actually that TwoSun looks like a really good option, thank you. I've never seen that one before.

Back