EDC!-Which knife or knives are you carrying today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you like your cqc8? im thinking of getting a mini cqc8 horseman

Love it:thumbup: Mines actually a Horseman, it is about the perfect size for edc. It has plenty of blade but not too big in the pocket, and the wave is awesome.

Custom Balisong #43 by Chuck Gedraitis

3.75" Weehawk Pattern 154CM Blade. Hollow ground bevels with a Satin finish.
Skeletonized Titanium Anodized Blue Handles; 3/16 thick/piece.
Stainless Spacers, Latch and Hardware
8.875" long when opened, with a weight of 4.7oz.

I have never held a finer knife in my hands.

Here are the pictures, but they do not do the knife justice...

All pictures are copyright. Please contact me if you wish to use or distribute them.

balisong431gold.jpg

balisong433gold.jpg

balisong432gold.jpg

balisong434gold.jpg

balisong435gold.jpg

Chuck's BladeForum.com's Original Balisong #43 Link

I have to ask a question Im a NYC cop and off duty i carry a wallet my keys a cell (sometimes a knife) and rarely my gun with NYC being a hell hole etc... where are you guys living where you need all this zombie apocalypse gear? :) (kidding btw but you guys carry alot of stuff) Edwood is exempt he lives in a warzone :)

I guess i carry so much gear on duty that off duty i like to go light..

> why no thumbstud?

on the mini grip the stud interferes with using the last 1/4" of blade near the handle, such as when cutting through an apple, and the thumb stud also snags on my key pocket when I draw. I do not use a pocket clip currently. My ExOfficio pants have a key pocket inside the Right Front Pocket, at the bottom. fits the knife and keeps it vertical.

The stud also interferes with the grip I use for the spidey drop opening technique

When I open my mini grip "normally", my thumb naturally pushes on the blade, at the Ritter logo, not the stud.

I agree it looks weird with the open stud hole, I might try filling it in with some (removable) black epoxy.

More details and pictures in my review
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...=769314&page=2

and here is a short video showing how I open the mini grip without a thumb stud
http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/...iew&current=f4078018.mp4&evt=user_media_share

Last edited:
you should get some Cuscadi grips for that mini ritter they make almost any material you can dream up
img_9133.jpg
img_9140.jpg

> you should get some Cuscadi grips for that mini ritter they make almost any material you can dream up

thanks for the suggestion, and for posting your photo. What is your handle material?

And, can I have Mother of Pearl?:)

Anyone have a MOP handled grip photo, no MOP photos at Cuscadi, their site is here:
http://blog.cuscadi.de/

you would probably have to email luke about it.... for a mini ritter wilkinsgrips are good also since the add to the handle length letting your pinky fit better.. they are still thinner than the stock grips but cost about $140 where the Cuscadi cost about $90-100

what i did was wilkins on the mini ritter (for better handle and grip size)

and cuscadis on the full size (to make it thinner and stronger feeling)

btw those pics show it in carbon (aero carbon on their site) check out their grooved micarta and G10 they look sick
mg_nightowl_1.jpg

65903014-mexican-drug.jpg

Work all over Mexico, working for the federal department of security. Anti organized crime operations are what I work on most down here. I know a few guys that wear former NYPD; got some training from them, some of the best law enforcement professionals I have ever had the privilege of meting. :thumbup:

Wow man thats pretty interesting work:thumbup::thumbup:

Didn't leave the house today, and as such lounged around in jeans and a T-shirt, so only the blade on the Gerber Mini Suspension in my pocket.

I've been sick as a dog all day, but I did go out to the grocery store for some meds and carried the S30V mini-Ritter.

767e69b7.jpg

This is what's in the rotation this week: Spyderco Delica 4 FFG, Regular Kershaw Leek

Ruca8.jpg

EDIT: figured out how to post the pic

Last edited:
DSC04155.jpg

Has been in my pocket for weeks!
That never happens, what a great knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back