EDC XII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the ZT0095 in my pocket this week. Have a good one!

The BW version is one of my favorite ZTs, flips beautifully (and I have a lot of ZTs). So bought the limited DLC too, but the action was so poor because of a very weak detent. Returned and reordered the DLC three times and all were the same so I gave up...so disappointed. Wondering if you happened to get one that flips with authority like the BW version, or did you have to work with it to fine tune the flipping action?

Had this one for a while (like 17 yrs, or so)
YFTkZZe.jpg

Don't make fun, this was a pretty decent knife back then (still would be, at the price I paid)

The BW version is one of my favorite ZTs, flips beautifully (and I have a lot of ZTs). So bought the limited DLC too, but the action was so poor because of a very weak detent. Returned and reordered the DLC three times and all were the same so I gave up...so disappointed. Wondering if you happened to get one that flips with authority like the BW version, or did you have to work with it to fine tune the flipping action?

Hi! I only have this version, so I can't really compare the two. Upon arrival, the flipping action was perfect for me (but note I'm not properly a knives fidgeting guy :p). After some weeks of carry it became too "soft" for my taste and had to adjust it (tightening it) a bit. No issues so far with detent. I have used this knife rather extensively, also for light duty outdoor tasks and it's a good one, no issues to highlight from my side. Amazing slicer for being a ZT. The only other ZT I have is the 0909 and that's a beast :). Sorry to hear about your not so good experience. Take care!

Hi! I only have this version, so I can't really compare the two. Upon arrival, the flipping action was perfect for me (but note I'm not properly a knives fidgeting guy :p). After some weeks of carry it became too "soft" for my taste and had to adjust it (tightening it) a bit. No issues so far with detent. I have used this knife rather extensively, also for light duty outdoor tasks and it's a good one, no issues to highlight from my side. Amazing slicer for being a ZT. The only other ZT I have is the 0909 and that's a beast :). Sorry to hear about your not so good experience. Take care!

Thanks for your response!

My 0095BLK had the weakest detent of any ZT I've owned as well.

I also had three 0095BW and all fired like a rocket, so thinking the issue with the 0095BLK is not in the design but the DLC coating which maybe be interfering with the ball and detent. Wondering if any modders out there tried stripping the DLC in the pivot & detent area and perhaps replacing the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back