EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

J.E. Made Mini Zulu

Man. U got me.
They are indeed contoured. Here's a couple end shots so you can see the 3D milling.

L1cY7eI.jpg
zH4wp1M.jpg

They aren't differentially contoured front-to-back as you can see in the shot below. The only knife I have like that is my RJ Martin/TRM Machine.

trfrjBu.jpg

I've always been a bigger knife guy, but also like to have a few smaller ones for more discreet carry. Until I got my Strizh, my NeOn UL was the best in hand of all my sub-3.5" folders. The Strizh affords me a full 4-finger grip with my index in the front choil, my pinkie inside the down-turn at the pommel, and my thumb securely fixed on the blade jimping. The bottom vertical swell helps push the knife up into the radius below my thumb with the clip nestling nicely in the center of my palm. I've got medium hands that are both thick-palmed and -fingered.

I4Ng9Uh.jpg

I know you've got that sweet new HatiOn Lite, so here's a couple pics of my UL next to the Strizh for comparison's sake. As much as I like the flipper action on my NeOn, the style of the Strizh allows for a more forward grip and lets one get the whole hand on the knife. I'm also really fond of the clever linerless linerlock construction which is similar to the NorthArm Skaha I once owned. Along with the CF, that makes the Cheburkov stupidly light.

4PmP3gA.jpg

oJhG4fk.jpg

If the knife you're looking at is the one I think at the Finnish site it's a real beauty. Cheburkovs are a great value--super quality at a very reasonable price. I'm very pleased with my three.

Edit: Yes, I'm on topic here as your post got my Strizh in my pocket for errands and a Dr's appointment today.
Oh! I thought are much larger. Cool!
Thats right, after takin a pic i clip the object into pocket. This thread works! :thumbsup:
I’ve bought from them before. They’re great.
Agreed, my titansepp oberland came from the L.

I saw that Sheepdog XLs were back in stock (and on sale!) and jumped on one.

Every YouTube reviewer: "This knife is huge!"

Me, somehow still not prepared for its comical hugeness: :eek::D

Alternating between the SD and my Praetorian Genesis today. :)

MSYTg69.jpg

Only one day to go, then Disneyland!
Finally happy to have a job that I am allowed to carry my own tools/knives.
The guys in the shops get a kick when I bring in something fancy from @WValtakis to show off. :p
These are my EDCs. Gonna start shopping the knife display a few times a week to check out some other stuff.
screenshot_20191120-093420_photos-jpg.1235924
And that's a very nice display to shop at I might add.
Cheers.

Back