EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

023c730928ad917866def0c2bcf4b9f5.jpg

The Spyderco Manix2 XL didn't last long in my pocket. Replaced today it w/an even bigger Spyderco Farid K2 . . . just because I could. LOL! ;)

Spyderco185_186TIP-500x333.jpg

With a 4.5" long blade and at 10" long overall, the K2 is much bigger than the XL but the K2 is also thinner (only 3/8" thick) and narrower (1 3/4" wide) than the XL. So, it is much easier to carry in the pocket w/my wallet even though it is a much larger knife than the XL.

Other than its overall size, the other things I like about the K2 are the titanium construction, the Reeve integral lock and the chrome clip (w/a single screw attachment point that I think I've only also seen on a Drunken).

Don't know why you'd even consider a Slysz Bowie when you can own a K2 for less.

Last edited:
I will be carrying my new 0620CF for the foreseeable future but I broke out the Medford DLT S90V exclusive just because I cut my thumb prepping dinner and stuck on the DLT bandage.
Speaking of dinner, for advanced eaters pretty much including steak tartare on toasted bread with an anchovy/garlic/herbed olive oil.
I'm all kinds of fat and happy right now.:)
EtCIFlS.jpg

This one finds its way into my pocket pretty often on work days. K and I got back to and finished the second story deck rail replacement project today. It was a nice day in the mid-forties with a light breeze blocked by the house--a far cry from last
Saturday's work there in the 30's with 25 knots blowing off the Atlantic. I got home early and lit up the Russian fireplace with the temps dropping as J had brought in several barrels of cordwood to augment the framing scrap that the heater is designed to burn.

hxME1CY.jpg

cBXhW1z.jpg

Here's the completed rail that replaced the hand-milled, painted Douglas fir one I'd built fifteen years ago on this major-addition, whole-house renovation we did. The exposure was just too much for the wood rail, even though it was well-maintained, and much as I dislike plastic building products this one isn't gross-looking and sure won't rot. The first-story balustrade is better protected and still in good shape.

orW3yEp.jpg

This one finds its way into my pocket pretty often on work days. K and I got back to and finished the second story deck rail replacement project today. It was a nice day in the mid-forties with a light breeze blocked by the house--a far cry from last
Saturday's work there in the 30's with 25 knots blowing off the Atlantic. I got home early and lit up the Russian fireplace with the temps dropping as J had brought in several barrels of cordwood to augment the framing scrap that the heater is designed to burn.

hxME1CY.jpg

cBXhW1z.jpg

Here's the completed rail that replaced the hand-milled, painted Douglas fir one I'd built fifteen years ago on this major-addition, whole-house renovation we did. The exposure was just too much for the wood rail, even though it was well-maintained, and much as I dislike plastic building products this one isn't gross-looking and sure won't rot. The first-story balustrade is better protected and still in good shape.

orW3yEp.jpg

Beautiful home you have there and that russian FP is sweet! Nice sebenza too. Always enjoy your posts and knives.

The Spyderco Manix2 XL didn't last long in my pocket. Replaced today it w/an even bigger Spyderco Farid K2 . . . just because I could. LOL! ;)

Spyderco185_186TIP-500x333.jpg

With a 4.5" long blade and at 10" long overall, the K2 is much bigger than the XL but the K2 is also thinner (only 3/8" thick) and narrower (1 3/4" wide) than the XL. So, it is much easier to carry in the pocket w/my wallet even though it is a much larger knife than the XL.

Other than its overall size, the other things I like about the K2 are the titanium construction, the Reeve integral lock and the chrome clip (w/a single screw attachment point that I think I've only also seen on a Drunken).

Don't know why you'd even consider a Slysz Bowie when you can own a K2 for less.

Always wanted a K2 and a slysz bowie but settled for a spydiechef to fill the marcin slysz itch for now. Never seen those 2 together before and its amazing how closely they resemble each other despite being from different designers. That K2 is right up my alley!

IMG_1423.JPG After switching folders a couple times today out came the 940-2 for a little nano 10 oil and a swap to my favorite BM clip then on to testing the 120' of xmas lights for the house's frontline where the 940 helped pop out a couple spent bulbs. Needing to pick up a few more replacements before they could be hung, a buddy stopped by and ended up trading a Kershaw skyline for an AR vise block ill be needing so as time slipped away and the sun set, needless to say the lights didnt make it up today but did get to chat with an old friend.

just a new made Old Timer 280OT Barlow a new made Uncle Henry 885UH Senior Stockman, and a Buck 110LT.
Nuthin' fancy and nuthin' expensive, just basic work knives that cut what needs cuttin'. :)

Last edited:
Still draggin the Huntsman around in a belt case and the little wenger patriot in the pocket. Probably won't change this combo for a good long time.

Back