1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Fullflat likes this.
  2. Sigsog226

Sigsog226 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2013
    It really is better then i expected it to be. I haven't been in love with a knife like this for awhile. I kind of was getting bored with knives here recently, so decided to venture into the traditional/slip joint world. So i couldn't really give a fair comparison to other traditional knives, but as just being a knife, i recommend it.

It uses Sandvik 13c26, but also comes in a carbon steel, if thats your thing. Everything on mine is flush (the pins, bolsters, spine/spring) and with all that file work, it is crisp yet no sharp corners anywhere.

The Juniper wood has a beautiful pattern to it and smells very pleasant. Many say it has a peppery smell, and kind of like an incense too, without being too over whelming. Pocket slip is nice as well. It really brightend up my day :)

Fullflat and MolokaiRider like this.
  3. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I was doing a little research about them online, and they seem very nice. I can appreciate stepping into the more obscure offerings, and especially with them being hand made. These look like they would be a great slicing knife and the file work looks great. Thanks for the reply!

Fullflat likes this.
  4. Etna

Etna

Jun 17, 2015
    I got a Vic in the bag today. RangerGrip 71 Gardener. Crazy large knife.

Not surprisingly, the motivation for getting this model is not in the blade, but in the large heavy duty scissors.

Fullflat likes this.
  5. Justin Schmidt

Justin Schmidt Schmidt Forge Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 18, 2016
    Testing out this 80crv2 blade and first kydex sheath. I'm pretty happy so far.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. phantom357

phantom357

Mar 29, 2008
    Serge action

[​IMG]

Low_rez, MSchott, paulhilborn and 6 others like this.
  7. scottfish

scottfish

Dec 4, 2011
    Stays in the MOLLE pack strapped to the back of my passenger seat in case of grocery getting emergency.

SogIcon.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    lzeplin, DRLyman, Fullflat and 2 others like this.
  8. TylerDurden3

TylerDurden3 Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2018
    [​IMG]

lzeplin, MeritedEdge, DRLyman and 6 others like this.
  9. Ditch-Tiger

Ditch-Tiger

Jan 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

10. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I’ve got the Police4 on me today. I got it last Fall and haven’t carried it a ton. I really like it and its 3mm blade should be wicked slicey, though the factory edge needs some work. I wish it had a lanyard hole and hope to find a better solution than just looping the clip for that. I’m thinking about dremelling a channel in the G10 and using the tip-down hole in the clip for attachment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Murphjd25, Grateful, lzeplin and 7 others like this.
  11. vox801

vox801

Jun 11, 2017
  12. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    This has become a serious standby edc for me. It is small, light, sharp. Its got a good tip for piercing without being too thin. Its ambidextrous like me. I never found “righty” lockbars challenging to unlock with my left hand.

[​IMG]

Low_rez, MeritedEdge, miso2 and 6 others like this.
  13. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
  14. scubisino

scubisino

Dec 4, 2015
    Today is Classic Friday at the office...
    [​IMG]

toto07, paulhilborn, DRLyman and 4 others like this.
  15. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    A48F87AC-8441-4E04-9491-03792F035AEC.jpeg

MeritedEdge, lzeplin, DRLyman and 6 others like this.
  16. Deinos

Deinos Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2016
    upload_2018-7-20_12-52-26.jpeg

17. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
  18. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Jan 5, 2017
  19. scottfish

scottfish

Dec 4, 2011
    What type of watch strap is this? Love it!

20. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Jan 5, 2017
    To be honest, it is unbranded and came from a seller on the Bay named lilyyangstore. I liked the look and got it for next to nothing. It's very comfortable.

scottfish likes this.