EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

G6lyknX.jpg
That’s one knife I wish BM would bring back. Awesome :thumbsup:

Having just seen the thread about the passing of Les deAsis and having posted in it yesterday, I figured I'd go with Benchmade today and maybe for a while. I'm heading up to P-Town this afternoon to recut and measure the last gutter trough before fabbing the pieces for the front half of the roof. This M390 Barrage has been a good work knife over the years and has been modded to de-assist, lose the lock and backspacer in favor of standoffs, and change out the the thumb studs and bolster screws to black. Lots of good grip on this one with its generously thick handle and lots of good cutting with the high, flat-ground blade.

j203C26.jpg

8rlDSeB.jpg

Jürgen Schanz DPPK2 (Large) and spyderco Tusk sans marlin spike.
Nice! What models are those?

Wow thats a beauty! Whos the maker of that gorgeous folder?

Thanks! my example is in M390 made 2/2018. Hope you enjoy yours!

The Socom elite is a big knife for sure. Its my first MT manual and really flies out upon deploying the blade! The handle is a little thick and wide at the top (.055 thick and tapers down to .045 at the butt) and tip down only but does ride deep and carries fairly well for its size. The elite's handle inserts remind me of a kershaw blur but done nicer. The blade stock is thick at .185 but ground to a reasonably thin edge about .020 then thickens at the tip to about .035. Uses a thick Ti inset liner lock with steel insert. Only had it for a day but its a hard use folder for sure which is not normally what i prefer but wanted to try one and a deal presented itself, so far im happy i did. Its A beast for sure and very well made. View attachment 1289900 View attachment 1289901 View attachment 1289902 View attachment 1289903 5.10 oz but doesnt feel too heavy for its larger size, rock solid build quality, and the action is amazing and drop shut on ceramic bearings.

MT made a socom mini framelock back in the day with a 3.5" blade but are probably hard to come by im guessing now.
Not sure if the Socom elite is something ill EDC everyday but i am diggin it and think its gonna be a keeper.

Thanks for your insight since I was on the fence between the manual and the auto.
Ended up ordering a manual so your post has confirmed I’ve made a good decision.
I've got the Manual also, date is 12/19, it's Elmax which works for me. I actually like the tip down carry on this knife as the upper, wider part of the knife is at the top of your pocket and it tapers down inside. I can't easily fit a lot of my larger knives in some of my pockets but this one fits pretty well for a large knife, I can get my hand by it w/out issues. It's the only knife I have w/the tip down only configuration.

Back