1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    I pocketed one of my XL Voyagers this morning and didn't find my previous mod to the handle -- sanding the clip's contact patch, a mod that's invisible once the clip is replaced -- to be sufficient to reduce the knife's death grip on the hem of my pocket. So I figured I'd go wider and sand the entire "runway" in and out of the pocket.

The eraser I use for Gundam kits happened to be about the the right width, so I wrapped it in 60 grit sandpaper and knocked the points off all of the little crosses. It's much smoother in and out of the pocket now, the thickness of the handle hasn't meaningfully changed, and it's still pretty subtle. Not the knife, of course; there's nothing subtle about the XL Voyagers. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With that taken care of, these are my three for today. The XL Voyager, now suitably modded; the little Deka I brought on my morning dog walk; and the CQC-7BW I've been fidgeting with at my desk. So I guess it's a zero belly kind of day. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Murdamook

Murdamook

Nov 3, 2010
    Nice set up. I’d never call Maiden hair metal though. It’s thematically different, instrumentally different, there’s zero makeup, and pretty mild hair styles. I’d call them heavy metal or power metal, if I had to get pedantic. I don’t consider Judas Priest hair metal and both are in the NWBHM subgroup.

guy g, Lee D and Wasatch11253 like this.
  3. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    [​IMG]

4. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful relaxing Sunday. I’m just chillin enjoying a cold beverage and admiring my Halftrack. Love this knife Hinderer really knocked it out of the park with this one. Fit and finish is always good with Hinderer at least with my experience. But this one is even better like around the lockbar on the frame there’s no sharp edges or actually anywhere on this knife except for the blade edge of course which came razor sharp. Just a amazing knife in hand with the perfect detent and action out of the box. The lockbar is a joy to release and very thumb friendly. Everyday I’m finding more and more I love about this knife and nothing that I don’t. Bigs props to Rick on this Halftrack example.
    [​IMG]

5. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Beautiful day for a hike! One of our favorites today. Up a little mountain and exploring a runoff channel now that the creek dried up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manix 2 LW & Victorinox Hiker tagged along.
    [​IMG]

More hike pictures if interested :)

Back home and switched out to the Spyderco Swayback.

6. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Absolutely beautiful pictures !! Thanks so much for sharing really enjoyed them :thumbsup:

NWPM2, jfk1110, TenShun705 and 5 others like this.
  7. Accelerator

Accelerator Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    [​IMG]
    Getting along nicely on a central Fla Sunday afternoon.

Gravy, woodysone, JasonPaul and 36 others like this.
  8. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I'm definitely having a hard time setting aside the new Biryukov. Y'all know how it is when you not only get one you really like, but it gets better and better by the day as it breaks in. After adding a couple drops of W5 NanoOil to the pivot, my usual little blob FinishLine to the detent ball, and flipping it open, oh, maybe a few hundred times :rolleyes:, it's just gotten smoother and smoother and my arthritic old hands have found the right finger placement for optimal lock release.

Anyway, I figured I'd add my liner-lock No. 9 to today's carry as I'm just toting them around the house, our little gym, and the yard in their slips in my soft shorts. I wanted to get some side-by-side pics of the blue/black CF of one next to the red/gray/black of the other, but it's a little tricky to get the light right on the polished CF and blades of the knives, especially since the red on the No. 9 is almost more of a highlight and will disappear if the angle's not right. Here's some of what I got before supper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Solo shots are easier...

[​IMG]

...but here you really can't see the red at all on the No. 9.

[​IMG]

Nice finish on the Ti side of the blue No. 10--smooth to the touch and milled to match the CF slab.

[​IMG]

jheis, Gravy, woodysone and 33 others like this.
  9. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
  10. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    2016 Stainless Boys knife and Finch Runtly:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

11. taste.blade

taste.blade Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2016
  12. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
  13. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Out of the safe for some Sunday afternoon love and my little girl taking a lazy weekend nap with one of her favorite toys :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    [​IMG]
    ZT0620CF

15. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    DFA49DB2-E166-495B-B0C3-371A06ABFA8A.jpeg

16. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    I’ve been very pleased with mine so far. The pre-patina models look sweet! Looking forward to seeing pics of yours when it arrives.

The thing I like about the copper/ Damascus Spider Monkey is that it’s a show piece that is intended to be used and to show its use. I don’t feel bad about EDCing it. I guess what I’m saying is that it’s not a safe queen. I understand the need to save for other adventures though. Maybe in the future you can circle back to it - I don’t think you’d regret it.

woodysone, Quiet, NWPM2 and 8 others like this.
  17. Fullflat

Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    Cheers from sticky S FL brother. Glad to see you’re living well over there on this fine Sunday evening :)
    585DDFFC-1B8E-4458-A7AC-095EFB71EBFF.jpeg

18. Accelerator

Accelerator Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    What part of So.Fla? I just moved to the space coast from Palmetto Bay in Dade.

Quiet, NWPM2, Hairy Clipper and 2 others like this.
  19. Fullflat

Fullflat

Jan 4, 2018
    We’re practically neighbors! I’m on the treasure coast now, having recently come N myself, from West Palm :)

Quiet, NWPM2, TheFactor and 4 others like this.
  20. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019