EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I pocketed one of my XL Voyagers this morning and didn't find my previous mod to the handle -- sanding the clip's contact patch, a mod that's invisible once the clip is replaced -- to be sufficient to reduce the knife's death grip on the hem of my pocket. So I figured I'd go wider and sand the entire "runway" in and out of the pocket.

The eraser I use for Gundam kits happened to be about the the right width, so I wrapped it in 60 grit sandpaper and knocked the points off all of the little crosses. It's much smoother in and out of the pocket now, the thickness of the handle hasn't meaningfully changed, and it's still pretty subtle. Not the knife, of course; there's nothing subtle about the XL Voyagers. :D

8UfKNmi.jpg

AKhVjfA.jpg

With that taken care of, these are my three for today. The XL Voyager, now suitably modded; the little Deka I brought on my morning dog walk; and the CQC-7BW I've been fidgeting with at my desk. So I guess it's a zero belly kind of day. ;)

qXQv96O.jpg

British hairmetal facemask and gray G-10! What more could anyone ask for? :)

jUd0QYR.jpg
Nice set up. I’d never call Maiden hair metal though. It’s thematically different, instrumentally different, there’s zero makeup, and pretty mild hair styles. I’d call them heavy metal or power metal, if I had to get pedantic. I don’t consider Judas Priest hair metal and both are in the NWBHM subgroup.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful relaxing Sunday. I’m just chillin enjoying a cold beverage and admiring my Halftrack. Love this knife Hinderer really knocked it out of the park with this one. Fit and finish is always good with Hinderer at least with my experience. But this one is even better like around the lockbar on the frame there’s no sharp edges or actually anywhere on this knife except for the blade edge of course which came razor sharp. Just a amazing knife in hand with the perfect detent and action out of the box. The lockbar is a joy to release and very thumb friendly. Everyday I’m finding more and more I love about this knife and nothing that I don’t. Bigs props to Rick on this Halftrack example.
tXWItKg.jpg

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Beautiful day for a hike! One of our favorites today. Up a little mountain and exploring a runoff channel now that the creek dried up.

4eZdZl4.jpg

CfQqcyS.jpg

Manix 2 LW & Victorinox Hiker tagged along.
bniBInA.jpg

More hike pictures if interested :)

Back home and switched out to the Spyderco Swayback.
Absolutely beautiful pictures !! Thanks so much for sharing really enjoyed them :thumbsup:

I'm definitely having a hard time setting aside the new Biryukov. Y'all know how it is when you not only get one you really like, but it gets better and better by the day as it breaks in. After adding a couple drops of W5 NanoOil to the pivot, my usual little blob FinishLine to the detent ball, and flipping it open, oh, maybe a few hundred times :rolleyes:, it's just gotten smoother and smoother and my arthritic old hands have found the right finger placement for optimal lock release.

Anyway, I figured I'd add my liner-lock No. 9 to today's carry as I'm just toting them around the house, our little gym, and the yard in their slips in my soft shorts. I wanted to get some side-by-side pics of the blue/black CF of one next to the red/gray/black of the other, but it's a little tricky to get the light right on the polished CF and blades of the knives, especially since the red on the No. 9 is almost more of a highlight and will disappear if the angle's not right. Here's some of what I got before supper.

105XEeI.jpg

fcYlgA6.jpg

Solo shots are easier...

m6nxUQm.jpg

...but here you really can't see the red at all on the No. 9.

9uUJjlm.jpg

Nice finish on the Ti side of the blue No. 10--smooth to the touch and milled to match the CF slab.

AlqGPtH.jpg

Your pictures of the Spider Monkey have been great! I”ve always been curious about the knife, but your pics pushed me over the edge. I was shopping around for the copper Damascus version and stumbled upon a dealer exclusive that is pre patinated. I should receive it tomorrow or Tuesday.

I’ve been very pleased with mine so far. The pre-patina models look sweet! Looking forward to seeing pics of yours when it arrives.

Man that damascus spider monkey is awesome. I really want but I'm saving for other adventures still.

The thing I like about the copper/ Damascus Spider Monkey is that it’s a show piece that is intended to be used and to show its use. I don’t feel bad about EDCing it. I guess what I’m saying is that it’s not a safe queen. I understand the need to save for other adventures though. Maybe in the future you can circle back to it - I don’t think you’d regret it.

Back