EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

A humble Case Sodbuster arrived in the mail today. Slightly re-profiled the blade and addressed a severe rough open and close issue. Has nice pocket worn covers, centered blade with no play and now a wicked tru-sharp blade. Carries thin, yet plenty of blade. Apart from the rough open and close issue which is now fixed, the only issue that bothered me is off colored covers from pile to mark side, kind of common with Case in my opinion. I see Rit Dye in it's future. Overall, I'm good with the price I paid, it's a very capable knife:thumbsup:
0n1cpV.jpg

spuSvK.jpg

I know slightly mismatched is fairly common, but that's pretty bad!

I know slightly mismatched is fairly common, but that's pretty bad!
I agree it is BAD. I did come back to the same place I took the Mark side picture earlier to take the Pile side and the slight change in daylight does make it look more extreme than it is. Still though its bad enough, and in my long experience with Case, for me anyway it's not that uncommon.

Despite the nephews sleeping over I wake up at 6:40, before even the three year old. Can't fall back asleep.

So, I get up, dressed, and work on this model rocket. I bought a 3 pack of these yesterday. It's 7:35 now, central. Kids still aren't. They had a long day yesterday I guess.

Qnj5uNF.jpg

Last edited:
Backpacking yesterday was a bust (our out-of-the-way trailhead was way too full), but it's a crisp, clear Sunday morning and I've got great knives to carry. I'm not going to argue with that. :D

Today's trio is the CS AD-10, Freeman 451, and 2018 BF Buck 301.

xxG5VVk.jpg

(The coins are an Aquilonian luna and an 1885 Morgan dollar.)

Nice one! I think I know why you took that pic. ;)

Backpacking yesterday was a bust (our out-of-the-way trailhead was way too full), but it's a crisp, clear Sunday morning and I've got great knives to carry. I'm not going to argue with that. :D

Today's trio is the CS AD-10, Freeman 451, and 2018 BF Buck 301.

xxG5VVk.jpg

(The coins are an Aquilonian luna and an 1885 Morgan dollar.)

So I almost bought a Broken Skull once. That’s the closest I’ve come to owning a Cold Steel.

Between the AD10 and the 4 Max/Scout, which are you liking more? I think I saw Chip with the Demko version of the AD10. I am curious about these folding tanks.

Back