EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Carrying this Diskin Volcan today -
xlInerO.jpg

Newly arrived Pena X Apache. I actually managed to score this one from a dealer at retail, which is a first for me on the Pena front flippers since I'm usually at work when they are released. It's a shame they are produced in such small numbers because they are truly excellent daily carry knives. Very glad to have the Apache in the rotation!
50346007267_a633f8b031_k.jpg

Benchmade Mini Griptilian (20CV blade steel + Contoured G10 scales)

I dyed the scales this rich Burgundy-Pinot Noir and they came out fantastic. I then switched out the standard black clip with a flush fit brushed titanium model that matches the blade and really compliments the scales. Also, to me the stock grip clip has a couple of noticeable hot spots, especially when you're squeezing hard on a tougher cut like twine or heavy plastic. I don't mind sacrificing a little bit of "deep carry" for the improved comfort factor during use. It also looks

NVagWWj.jpg

Last edited:
Shirogorov F95R for Titanium Tuesday, shot on the deck outside our 2nd-story gym above the woodshop after hitting the treadmill for a half-hour.

xJG5GhZ.jpg

Here with my boredom-relieving entertainment package which accompanies my therapeutic workouts. Today I watched and listened to a festival set by the Woody Shaw quintet with Carter Jefferson recorded in France in 1979.

Y1MLsHR.jpg

Newly arrived Pena X Apache. I actually managed to score this one from a dealer at retail, which is a first for me on the Pena front flippers since I'm usually at work when they are released. It's a shame they are produced in such small numbers because they are truly excellent daily carry knives. Very glad to have the Apache in the rotation!
50346007267_a633f8b031_k.jpg

Nail nick looks close to pivot - is it difficult to open? I like the Pena jigged titanium pieces.

Back