EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

50202290583_ce79cd600d_h.jpg

Got an early mail call, so I have an odd duck to share (which I'll be carrying for the rest of the day): the Daggerr Knives Vendetta, perfect for cutting your sandwich in the company cafeteria. I love monster knives, and this one delights me. :)

Let's have a look at the mall ninja checklist:

✓ Impractical, menacing blade
✓ At least one skull
✓ Glass breaker
✓ Opening it in public is probably a misdemeanor
✓ Model name will sound bad when the prosecutor reads it into evidence
✕ Blood-spatter anodizing

Aww, man! So close to a perfect 6/6 score! :D

Offhand I can only think of two other production 5" flippers, the Cold Steel Luzon and the discontinued Camillus Cuda Maxx. The Luzon uses 8Cr13MoV (not my favorite, though I'm sure the knife is a good value for the money), while the Maxx is gorgeous but tends to be quite expensive when you can find one...and neither of them has a screaming skull pocket clip. :cool:

3EwlMmE.jpg

QxEvvtV.jpg

Got an early mail call, so I have an odd duck to share (which I'll be carrying for the rest of the day): the Daggerr Knives Vendetta, perfect for cutting your sandwich in the company cafeteria. I love monster knives, and this one delights me. :)

Let's have a look at the mall ninja checklist:

✓ Impractical, menacing blade
✓ At least one skull
✓ Glass breaker
✓ Opening it in public is probably a misdemeanor
✓ Model name will sound bad when the prosecutor reads it into evidence
✕ Blood-spatter anodizing

Aww, man! So close to a perfect 6/6 score! :D

Offhand I can only think of two other production 5" flippers, the Cold Steel Luzon and the discontinued Camillus Cuda Maxx. The Luzon uses 8Cr13MoV (not my favorite, though I'm sure the knife is a good value for the money), while the Maxx is gorgeous but tends to be quite expensive when you can find one...and neither of them has a screaming skull pocket clip. :cool:

3EwlMmE.jpg

QxEvvtV.jpg
That’s coolness right there !

Hello my friend! What is that fixed blade?
That's a good question...
Maker was bacustomknives - hasn't been active here for a few years (moved to Instagram, I believe). 1095 steel. I think it had EDC in the name; but I'll try to confirm that.
*confirmed - it was his EDC Utility model, purchased circa 2015(?)

Last edited:
So I went over to the Go Large thread to see if you'd already posted your Mall Ninja Monster over there, Dadpool Dadpool , which, of course, you have indeed. That's one very stupid, very cool knife, brother. :p:cool: I mean, what better use for 75 bucks than that? ;)

For my part today, I went out late morning to finish my little trim replacement job which went very smoothly, having taken away all the pieces to match after demo-ing yesterday, milled and pre-cut everything in the shop, back- and end-primed here, and just had to check fit and install with trim screws at the job site, back- and finish-caulking as required. I got home early/mid-afternoon, got a snack and a shower, and some pics of today's work carry out back. Nice day...

QufgznQ.jpg

SGXh0i3.jpg

Late mail call lol was expected 2 days ago but to no fault of the dealer it went on a detour.
Now to the good news It was well worth the wait ! Emerson Mini Sheepdog Micarta scales and S35vn Dealer exclusive :thumbsup: #47 of 59 made.
Wow what an example ! Dead Centered blade with no play in any direction. Beautiful fit and finish and the blade flys open!!
This Micarta feels so good in hand to man couldn’t be happier with this one:thumbsup: and the Micarta should develop some nice character.
E8xGTN5.jpg

TmiIWYz.jpg

3plh2vS.jpg

5QK47IJ.jpg

Back