EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

X 2 ! FTW ;)
ta9F6PX.jpg
Love the photo. Awesome growth rings on that stump. :thumbsup:

This morning I woke up to pitch black (no moon) and 0°C...but what a great day to be on the water!!View attachment 1422235
Had a mallard warn the resident birds as we silently launched our canoe off the muddy bank. They all went into hiding.
Things didn't work out this morning in our favour...warning quacks, super calm clear morning, not a cloud in the sky when the fog lifted.
View attachment 1422236
For opening day, the birds wanted nothing to do with our spread or calls. Had a bunch come in hot and high, and landing way too far for anything but a hail mary shot.
Decided to relocate the spread around 10:00am and what do ya know...one ain’t bad. Outsmarted him! Better than zero! Haha.
View attachment 1422239 View attachment 1422237
Sorry to disappoint ya’ll on the “mound of birds” request. ;) So I’ll leave a photo of a decent size river walleye from last night for ya.
View attachment 1422238
All in all, no matter how many birds knocked down, whether zero or limit...there is nothing better than being out in the water, as the sun rises, hearing the calls of nature and being with my favorite hunting partner...my brother.

A fishing adventure is calling tomorrow morning. I’m beat...so I’ll be passing out shortly.
I hope everyone’s saturday treated them well. Live your life to the fullest, everyday...

That’s a real nice looking Woody, absolutely the best tasting out of all the Fowls possible, you did good brother. Waterfowl, wether over water or a cut field is a passion of mine, thank you so much for posting your trip. Enjoy that delicacy too.

I brought the Adventurer along for a little fishing with my granddaughter this morning, got home and switched to the Wasp/Cadet. We went to a lake in our local city park that’s full of bullhead and bluegill, so I didn’t even get my poles in the water. I was busy for 2 hours baiting her hook and taking fish off for her, but she had a blast....Totally worth it.

Back