EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20210126-181856.jpg

I gave up today. I started carrying my Leatherman on my belt. I'm tired of not carrying it because it's a lot for pocket carry. I don't even notice it on my belt until I need it. It's been very useful at work. Love this tool!

Edit: I just realized I'm one step closer to being that dad, who carries a Batman Belt.

Last edited:
This week's carry:
From the Rough Ryder "Classic Carbon" Series, a RR1740 Large (4.375 inch closed) Stockman, and RR2040 Barlow.
A SK Blades "Smoke Jumper" Buck110LT SFO with stone washed CPM154 blade, in a "wrong" plain black Buck nylon sheath, carried horizontally on a black military style web belt.
For a "good" pen, a Parker Jotter ballpoint.
View attachment 1498430

This week's carry:
From the Rough Ryder "Classic Carbon" Series, a RR1740 Large (4.375 inch closed) Stockman, and RR2040 Barlow.
A SK Blades "Smoke Jumper" Buck110LT SFO with stone washed CPM154 blade, in a "wrong" plain black Buck nylon sheath, carried horizontally on a black military style web belt.
For a "good" pen, a Parker Jotter ballpoint.
View attachment 1498430

I love Rough Rider knives. I miss collecting them!

Man, I don’t blame you, especially with the continuous delays. I opted for the bowie and personally like it more than the tanto I got from the 1st run. Also, having the CF inlay makes it much easier on the disengagement — had the knurled pattern on the tanto. It’s worth checking out if you haven’t already. Have a good week homeslice!

Thanks you too !!

Late afternoon mail call thanks to our friend @Pharmagator , who's selling off his CKF's over at the Exchange. Ever since I saw @Edgeoflife 's SSE posted on this thread and he and I had a bit of back and forth regarding it, I've had my eye out for one, so I was most pleased when this one popped up.

The knife's just like new and seems a solid piece that I expect will break in to be an excellent user. The action's good on ceramic bearings with easy disengagement, the blackwash-like finish and medium stonewash M390 blade should be nicely wear-hiding, and the 3D fluted, convexed, and nicely shaped handle makes for a reasonably secure grip despite the lack of jimping. The slabs feature generous internal milling to help make this all-metal knife eminently pocketable at 4.75 oz and the sculpted clip seems quite serviceable. Went right in my pocket....

gff4zb4.jpg

R1CkPix.jpg

IMoEg1p.jpg

kRhlrMy.jpg

nF3qEct.jpg

Late afternoon mail call thanks to our friend @Pharmagator , who's selling off his CKF's over at the Exchange. Ever since I saw @Edgeoflife 's SSE posted on this thread and he and I had a bit of back and forth regarding it, I've had my eye out for one, so I was most pleased when this one popped up.

The knife's just like new and seems a solid piece that I expect will break in to be an excellent user. The action's good on ceramic bearings with easy disengagement, the blackwash-like finish and medium stonewash M390 blade should be nicely wear-hiding, and the 3D fluted, convexed, and nicely shaped handle makes for a reasonably secure grip despite the lack of jimping. The slabs feature generous internal milling to help make this all-metal knife eminently pocketable at 4.75 oz and the sculpted clip seems quite serviceable. Went right in my pocket....

gff4zb4.jpg

R1CkPix.jpg

IMoEg1p.jpg

kRhlrMy.jpg

nF3qEct.jpg

It missing something.... perhaps a cord or something that usually hangs on it... i can’t put my finger on it, weird.

It missing something.... perhaps a cord or something that usually hangs on it... i can’t put my finger on it, weird.
It has one now, though I tried two different beads, three different cords, and several different knots before settling on plain gray 550, 6 snake knots, and one of my blue glass beads, all as a placeholder 'til I find something I like. I'll post it tomorrow when I can get a daylight pic as I'll be sure to be carrying the new kid on the block. :rolleyes:

It has one now, though I tried two different beads, three different cords, and several different knots before settling on plain gray 550, 6 snake knots, and one of my blue glass beads, all as a placeholder 'til I find something I like. I'll post it tomorrow when I can get a daylight pic as I'll be sure to be carrying the new kid on the block. :rolleyes:

Now, that’s more like it :thumbsup:. I don’t have the luxury to put a placeholder tho. I just slap a 550 cord on it with 4-6 serpent knots and called the day until i find a perfect bead on it. Sometimes, even with the cord without a bead on it, it feels like my knife isn’t even complete yet... feels like missing something.

20210126-181856.jpg

I gave up today. I started carrying my Leatherman on my belt. I'm tired of not carrying it because it's a lot for pocket carry. I don't even notice it on my belt until I need it. It's been very useful at work. Love this tool!

Edit: I just realized I'm one step closer to being that dad, who carries a Batman Belt.

Embrace it. You level up when you have to start loosening the belt to accommodate “Dad Bod”.

Back