EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

ftrJXSe.jpg

ElementalBreakdown

Gold Member
I still love this knife after 3+ months of carrying almost nothing else.
My Para2 in S125V sits in the kitchen and gets as much or more use by the whole family. It's the only knife I don't cringe cutting coarse cardboard with and it's the knife the wife is most comfortable with. I haven't even had to sharpen it yet (just strop once a week) and still shaving sharp on a daily diet of paper, cardboard, and various plastics. Both great knives, that I would immediately replace if lost or stolen. 20210211_172532.jpg

TheFactor

Life is good !
Platinum Member
Oh how I wish I was actually in the Caribbean and not just carrying one.

View attachment 1507720
As do I ! Currently 36 degrees with freezing rain turning into 4 to 5 inches of snow starting within the hour and temps dropping to the 20’s.Fortunately I’m on vacation so all I have to do is look out the window and think wow it looks cold out there :D

Thanks, guys. Always fun to share a knife that gets a warm reception.

ktataragasi, thanks for the kind words and the comment. I’ve been fortunate to stumble my way into a handful of knives that I truly enjoy and suspect will be long-term “keepers”. Lol, but for every one that makes it into my rotation, there’s another knife sitting in my drawer that makes me wonder wtf I was thinking when I placed the order. I guess that’s all part of the learning curve...figuring out what we like and don’t like and what suits us best; and while I feel I’m finally nailing down my preferences, it’s been a painfully expensive process. Until I stop making those crazy impulse purchases and learn to stick to the styles and materials that work for me, I feel like I still have a lot to learn. I guess it’s in that regard that this all still feels relatively new to me. Fortunately, I’ve pretty much exhausted my “hobby” funds at this point, so it’s time to get back to learning how to care for and sharpen the knives I’ve acquired....and to once and for all put an end to that “new guy balls-out buying binge monkey” that’s been on my back these past few months, lol.

I've been enjoying knives since I was about 7 (now in my 30's) and I still feel new to knives as well. What I like and enjoy has changed so much over time that I feel like us knife nuts will constantly try new things. Getting to the user and sharpening stage will send you down a different path as you find knives that are more comfortable or steels you enjoy sharpening more than others. And the cycle continues!

Enjoy the journey!

7KpaXCR.jpg

Still carrying this duo (recycled picture)! Not sure how traditionals crept back into my carry but it's had me order 2 more to try out...

Sharp & Fiery

Keep ‘em Sharp
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Google is your friend and all the enablers here are your best friends :p:D

I’m good with both...it’s when I upset my wallet that bothers me. :p:eek::D

Seriously though, I like the looks of the MGJ more than the CRK Impinda. I feel like slapping myself just for saying that.o_O

If I pull the trigger, it better have amazing W&T and great fit, finish and tolerances.

I have zero experience with Medford...this is the first and only Medford I’ve been slightly interested in.

TheFactor

Life is good !
Platinum Member
I’m good with both...it’s when I upset my wallet that bothers me. :p:eek::D

Seriously though, I like the looks of the MGJ more than the CRK Impinda. I feel like slapping myself just for saying that.o_O

If I pull the trigger, it better have amazing W&T and great fit, finish and tolerances.

I have zero experience with Medford...this is the first and only Medford I’ve been slightly interested in.
I think you will be ok with a Medford Slipjoint which is what I believe it is but someone please chime in if I’m wrong. As far as Medford frame locks which I’ve had many and they take very very long to break in and I guarantee your thumb will break first lol. They are built like tanks and will last many life times but take a horrible amount of time to break in with some experiencing horrible lock stick during that process “ frame locks” that is mainly because the lockbar is titanium
Without any insert and doesn’t get along with most Blade steels but some prefer that over lockbar inserts and it is just a matter of taste.Unlike CRK which normally never have any lock stick or very little due to the fact I believe the lockbar face is treated at least that’s what I’ve been told by a few well respected dealers.
Not sure about there customs and pretty sure those would be good to go right out of the box.Anyway everyone I’ve owned that was standard production exhibited all of the above sometimes even gritty action that did get better with time. I’ve never owned a Medford long enough to break it in as I always gave up and then took months for my thumb to heal after the attempt. I’ve never owned one of their slip joints but being they don’t have a lock bar they just might be the best slip joint ever made when it comes to being sturdy and fit and finish.
The fit and finish is normally beautiful with exceptional grinds on the blades. This had just been my experience with the 7 or 8 I’ve owned over the years. Others mileage may vary and by no means do I mean to offend any Medford owners and their knives.
This has just been mine full hearted honest experience with the ones I’ve owned.
Does it stop me from buying them ? No it doesn’t usually takes a year or so and I will try another lol so that says something about there quality and feel in hand :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC