EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

swTOO1n_d.webp

XM-18 3.5 for scale. :p:D

So I went even deeper into the pool of consonance today on Spyderco SuperLeaf Saturday for my expedition to the Super Stop & Shop as our cupboards and fridge were looking kinda empty. I'd wanted one of these for some time, but there weren't a lot around due to their short-lived manufacture and general lack of popularity, so I was most pleased to find this one LNIB on the Exchange a few years back for a reasonable price. I'm not Super-enthused about VG10, but it does take a wicked keen edge and the blade is Super-slicey, its great breadth compensating to some degree for its considerable thickness. The handle shape locks into my hand in both the forward and regular positions, the jimping is just right, and the compression lock and wire clip are real Spydie favorites.

WKYYwJ4.jpg

dqg5GQI.jpg

Decided to keep within the Cheburkov family today and opted for the Tukan. It’s funny, I don’t think I would’ve purchased this knife had the small Strizhs been available at the time. I’ve been wanting/waiting for the Strizh for at least 6 months and it was the first Cheburkov to really draw me in. As nice as the Strizh is, if I could only hang on to one of them I think it might actually be the Tukan. Go figure.

iljgWNh.jpg
XDQq5fl.jpg

A side by side comparison, just for kicks:

AZhx1Xn.jpg

Is all that wear just from carrying your microtech so much? That's pretty cool.

A bit of a change up today!

y4LjLZy.jpg

My scales finally arrived for my Para 3. I got them installed last night and couldn't wait to try them out. It's amazing how much the change in handle shape changes the feel of this knife.

I think this will be making it into the pocket more often now. Also I think I'll have to carry it every Monday....

Decided to keep within the Cheburkov family today and opted for the Tukan. It’s funny, I don’t think I would’ve purchased this knife had the small Strizhs been available at the time. I’ve been wanting/waiting for the Strizh for at least 6 months and it was the first Cheburkov to really draw me in. As nice as the Strizh is, if I could only hang on to one of them I think it might actually be the Tukan. Go figure.

A side by side comparison, just for kicks:

AZhx1Xn.jpg
Thanks for that side-by-side, Zed. I'd always wondered about the comparable girth of the Tukan. I've got the CF Small Strizh to go along with my much larger-bladed Cheburkovs--Scout (3.875") and Voron (4.375")--so your pic gives me a pretty good sense of what that chunky bird is like. Kinda interesting smaller knife....

Back