EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Today I'm carrying one of my absolute favorites.
fhGJ5GC.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, how do you like tanto? I had exact same version without coating, but somehow taste changed and now wish it was spear so i didnt have to sell it.
Isn’t it funny how quickly our preference in blades can change, and then change back lol. Usually, I’m not a big fan of most tantos (they make edge maintenance more difficult for me, and my drop points slice better in most applications), but I do love a MT tanto (& CRKs ‘zaan tanto), as the little bit of extra meat behind the tip helps with piercing/puncturing tasks. As for the coating, it doesn’t serve any particular purpose for me, just thought it looked cool on the UTs.

(Quotation appended for brevity)

Okay.....

The thing is, you're on the biggest knife-centric forum on the Internet. "Fostering discussion" is great, but without tone of voice and body language to add non-verbal cues, it's impossible to tell the difference between a troll and somebody who is legitimately trying to start a conversation. And since this place is so big and busy, so are the trolls. As you've seen, people are swift and harsh with their judgment.

You're going to be hard-pressed to "teach" or lead classroom discussion in this environment, too. Bladeforums is somewhere between a meritocracy, and a popularity contest, with the balance shifting toward one or the other, on a case-by-case basis. The result is that we're an unruly, wayward bunch. If you can get us to participate in a classroom-style discussion, then you should be using your people skills for much more profitable evil.

The easiest way to get people talking? Show us pictures. We may be snarky, but we're also easily amused by knives.

Okay, I'll let it go, now.
+1! Exactly!!!!

Goddammit! There should be some delivery, like, pizza or chinese food, helps at night! Literally saved my life
What we ended up doing was eating a couple bigass bowls of cereal and passing out. We decided to save the cash for today. One of my old coworkers is having an art gallery, and after that we are seeing a movie and going out to dinner. Figured that beats late night tacos.
EDzZKrs.jpg

Going to bring my most artsy knife I have.

And this is the peice she made for me. She does smaller paintings so she can keep the price down so her friends can buy her work. Usually her stuff is more happy and bright, but I asked for the most brutal thing she could make.
4anbxsU.jpg

Everyone she has shown it to loves it and she got prints of it made so she can sell copies. But I'm getting the original:)

After @Officer's Match posted his chainsaw/knife combo back a few pages and I replied in kind with a chainsaw/Shiro combo, I found myself in that situation today. I pocketed my F3 after some back and forth at the Bears' Den and hauled out my oldie Jonsereds 49SP to cut up a largish branch that came down in yesterday's Nor'easter. It took a shot of carb cleaner to get the saw running right and I got the branch cut up, but found the chain quite a bit duller than it looked. Glad my Shiro's not in that condition. ;)

Mbnd1nr.jpg

Qeii42T.jpg

After @Officer's Match posted his chainsaw/knife combo back a few pages and I replied in kind with a chainsaw/Shiro combo, I found myself in that situation today. I pocketed my F3 after some back and forth at the Bears' Den and hauled out my oldie Jonsereds 49SP to cut up a largish branch that came down in yesterday's Nor'easter. It took a shot of carb cleaner to get the saw running right and I got the branch cut up, but found the chain quite a bit duller than it looked. Glad my Shiro's not in that condition. ;)

Mbnd1nr.jpg

Qeii42T.jpg

I'm not a big Shiro fan but that sure is a great looking knife in the python micarta.

Back