EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

It's funny/sad how quickly things change for me with this hobby....

I intended to do a couple of weeks with my Delica I posted a few days ago but then a knife I have been curious about showed up for a decent price on the exchange. I didn't expect it to arrive so quickly.

82A49kd.jpg

This TRM Atom showed up for Wing Wednesday... I'm sticking with that name.....

My initial impressions are super positive despite it going against my recent preferences. It's larger than I typically carry (though not as much as I expected), stainless blade (prefer tool steels) and I'm not usually one for carbon fiber (may get micarta in the future). But the knife fits well in my hand, action is snappy and it feels more solid than things I've read about previously. Looking forward to carrying this one. I'm not going to set a time frame since every time I do it backfires and I end up buying another knife....

Sorry about the rambling.

I'm so happy to be on the other side of my surgery and am sitting up in a chair enjoying solid food. Everyone's been great here, my doc says the operation was a slam dunk, and I do indeed seem ahead of the curve as I'd hoped.

I've also managed to respond to the Z Zeroedin Replacement Challenge on a Wilson Wednesday with my Fox ULC Elite, figuring I'd match my new Ti knee.

Hope everything worked out well for our friend Zed too. 🤞

FnrlSlK.jpg

I'm so happy to be on the other side of my surgery and am sitting up in a chair enjoying solid food. Everyone's been great here, my doc says the operation was a slam dunk, and I do indeed seem ahead of the curve as I'd hoped.

I've also managed to respond to the Z Zeroedin Replacement Challenge on a Wilson Wednesday with my Fox ULC Elite, figuring I'd match my new Ti knee.

FnrlSlK.jpg
Great news! Glad you are able to post. Good luck with rehab!

FnrlSlK.jpg

Happy to hear you came out ahead of the curve, ChazzyP ChazzyP . Sounds like the months of hard work started paying dividends right off the bat.

All is well here. I’ve made about eight trips to our bedroom to grab a knife at different times this afternoon. Lol, it just ain’t gonna happen, I’m about to nod off again.

However, I can’t think of a nicer guy to be awarded the very first “@GB940Rookie Post-Implant Knife Picture Challenge” award.

The award is named in honor of Rookie, who (as I recall) asked the surgeon to use the knife he brought from his collection to carve him up. It happened half-way through the procedure, too…as he didn’t like the grind on the surgeon’s scalpel. Legendary stuff right there.

FnrlSlK.jpg

Happy to hear there's nothing missing and nothing extra inside!!!! Speedy heal up n rehab to you!!
Best,

James

Back