EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

May I ask, I can see textures or "scratches" on the scale of the Laguiole knife, is it caused by the everyday usage or once unboxing, they've been there?
I am about to order online, have no idea what's going on upon arrival, so asked this.
Thank you.

Got lucky with a beauty day... perfect for finishing off some winterizing in the backyard.

B2MNbLN.jpg

May I ask, I can see textures or "scratches" on the scale of the Laguiole knife, is it caused by the everyday usage or once unboxing, they've been there?
I am about to order online, have no idea what's going on upon arrival, so asked this.
Thank you.

Thank you very much for the question.
But if the knife has any problem, it's by the use, because when it arrived it was impeccable.

Thank you very much for the question.
But if the knife has any problem, it's by the use, because when it arrived it was impeccable.

Thank you for reply, sorry I didn't clarify clearly,
would you please clarify, these "texture" are caused by usage or they've existing upon arrival?
Untitled.jpg

Coz i haven't had an idea if the scale shall be "smooth" or with "texture" on it.

CD52F285-8BFD-4CA4-8293-AF7D709D4A26.jpegWelp, my venerable old Vic Small Tinker finally took a hit worthy of addressing today. Perused the fancy aftermarket cover options, but frankly, I had a hard time justifying covers that cost more than the knife. Found factory replacements. I will probably touch up that ding in the liner too, which I noticed when taking the photo.

would you please clarify, these "texture" are caused by usage or they've existing upon arrival?
Untitled.jpg

Coz i haven't had an idea if the scale shall be "smooth" or with "texture" on it.

I have the knife right now in my hand and these textures are barely visible, it must be from the angle of the photo.
I post two photos to verify.

I thought I'd make it a Spydie Saturday and impulsively grabbed my lone PM2--just a plain Jane black G10 S30V model that's not disliked, but gets lost in the shuffle of so many knives and finds little time in pocket. I don't think it actually made it into my pocket today, as I went from b-ball shorts and T in the house, catching up on mobility exercises for the new knee, and switched to long workout pants and sweatshirt as I'm progressively re-building my cardio workouts in our chilly home gym next door now that the knee's fit enough for those. It was today's official carry, though.

I also didn't manage any fresh pics again as I jumped from one b-ball task to the next around everything else and I still have to go check my electronic access to our home game gym now that my fob's activated and make sure everything's ready for a couple scrimmages and practices tomorrow morning. I shot these a few years back while restoring some old beater chisels and using the new set of Stanley Sweethearts to clean out the mortises in the storage block I made for the oldies.

8Qd5mut.jpg

You can see how short that old inch-and-a-halfer is that was my daily nail bag abuser for many, many years...

1Jn8CTf.jpg

...and you also might get some idea of how sharp the new Sweethearts were out of the box, despite their general need for de-burring and stropping.

uOCBmVL.jpg

Untitled.jpg

I have a Fontenille Pataud Black Walnut lockback that some “divots look” like that show up in photo’s if the light hits it the right way. They are depressions in the wood, but microscopic. Whatever they use to finish or stabilize the scales with makes them unseen. Except in rare photo’s.

Mine is smooth as smooth to the touch. :)

Back