• Folks, you need to make sure your profile email address is kept current. If you do not have a paid subscription, and get locked out of your account because you no longer have access to your listed email address? There is nothing we can do for you.

This is especially important now that we've instituted password compromise security - if your password is compromised elsewhere, you will be sent a verification email on your next login. If you don't have access to that email? Your account gets locked.

Help us help you, PLEASE.

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Zulus

Gold Member
SrElNLn.jpg

sgt1372

Platinum Member
Been carrying a Hinderer Gen 6 XM18-3.5 Recurve for about a month and it was time for a change -- a pretty radical change, in this case.

Went thru a bunch of knife cases trying to try to decide what I should carry instead and it came down to an Ontario Rat 1 (Black G10, PS AUS-8) or the Spyderco Emphasis (Black G10, PE 8Cr13Mov). I chose the Emphasis because I prefer it to the Rat 1 and because it is seldom mentioned around here.

bIeGdlI.jpg

The Emphasis is the big brother to the Efficient and a cousin to the Tenacious (which gets all the press). I like the Emphasis better than the Tenacious. While there is no direct lineage, you can see a resemblance to the Native Chief which is also a favorite of mine.

I prefer the Emphasis to the Tenacious because I prefer the spear point and longer blade, the wire clip and the contoured handle which just feels better in my hand. If you are in the market for a Tenacious and haven't heard of it before, check out the Emphasis before you make a final decision.

Last edited: