EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

No joke I got a nasty cut
I don't have Emersons , but I do have many Cold Steel . Their lock detent springs tend to be strong .

Main thing is to keep fingers etc, completely out of the blade's closing path . Especially until the blade moves beyond 45 degrees open , when waving open .

Otherwise , blade can snap back closed ! :eek:

And , yeah ...it's no joke ! :( But with enough with practice , it becomes second nature to safely wave open .

Fast and fun . At least for me . 😎:thumbsup::thumbsup:

20240526-111737.jpg

I got a nasty finger cut from this one today I was sitting in my recliner, and grabbed the clip which was clipped to my front pocket, to pull the knife outta my pocket, and as I pulled to get the knife outta my pocket, the blade opened a little and I pulled the point into my finger. Seems this metal piece on top of the blade musta caught inside my pocket and opened the blade. Seems dangerous to me, so should I grind that that piece off to avoid unintentional opening again?
D8xbovy.jpg
That hook is an Emerson opener and is designed to rapidly deploy the blade when you extract it from your pocket, by catching on the edge of the pocket if you run the spine along the edge of the pocket while you pull it out. You can rotate the knife as you pull it out to prevent this from engaging in your pocket, if you don't want it to automatically deploy as you withdraw the knife.

Back