EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Eh? Dr. Flat, is it in a human possibilities range? Or, like T. L. E. Said: don’t believe everything they write,,
But that is on bf, and now i dont believe what they pic, that's at the russian thread.

25808900_20212.jpg

Eh? Dr. Flat, is it in a human possibilities range? Or, like T. L. E. Said: don’t believe everything they write,,
But that is on bf, and now i dont believe what they pic, that's at the russian thread.

25808900_20212.jpg

Up here at our Vermont place we've got a fair number of birch trees just like that, Filtrum. The marsh edge of our lower acreage is in the last stage of forest succession to northern hardwoods and the birches lean toward the light, some falling over from their sheer weight and others simply dying in place as they're not shade tolerant. The key to your knife trick is the mushroom growing out of the side of that rotten stem which is likely softer than a sneaker full of sh*t.

Last edited:
Our second full day here in our woods up north had me replacing the fuel pump on our workhorse Polaris Ranger. It had been stalling out after running for a while, but would restart after 5-10 minutes. After several mis-diagnoses, considerable reading, and an illuminating conversation with a neighbor here I figured the electric fuel pump would overheat, quit working, and not resume sending fuel 'til it cooled down some. The mechanical job went well enough for being done by a carpenter and I had my Endura with me as it's another orange woods knife that sees considerable use up here. Today it saw a bit of abuse, cutting fuel lines up against metal, rounding the tip a bit and dulling the edge. I didn't get any action shots but took a couple on top of an as-yet-unspilt wood pile after.

gpNxKLz.jpg

8WEvcDO.jpg

I put the Ranger through its paces after to test it out driving the three-plus miles on dirt roads down to the town hall to pay our RE taxes, then came back the long way 5 miles up another gravel road then up to our hilltop meadow for a quick peek at the view then back home through the woods and down the disused and un-maintained part of our road. No stalling out so I'm hopeful that problem is solved. Here's our camp with J's truck and the Ranger resting back under its little shed roof.

bEJ6d5T.jpg

puf5pcY.jpg

I showed the Endura some needed love for a job well done this evening and took some time to sharpen and lube J's matching Delica as well as my 0452 which had received comparable abuse on the job back home and came along to Vermont for some TLC too.

USXkhge.jpg

T6BnBJk.jpg

Bugout was with me today on a day trip to Basswood lake in the Boundary Waters! Fishing was a little slow, a few smallies, a few Northerns, some small wallys! Highlight of the day was this big girl, 30 inches, slightly over 10 pounds.

Fish were all released for the next lucky angler to enjoy!

Edit: The sore on the side of the old girl is apparently caused from going above and below the thermocline. At least that is what I was told by someone who supposedly knows. Apparently not life threatening to her.

RE69V5T.jpg

WHmFxKy.jpg

O9SQFHR.jpg

XZzmdAS.jpg

Last edited:
Back