EDC2?

Nathan, I travel a lot, so never seem to be able to get in on buys. I'm also not on FB. What do I have to do to buy an EDC2?

Thanks,

Gary

I'm thinking that the OP meant how to buy an EDC2 directly from Nathan at CPK prices. Unfortunately for the OP the EDC2 pattern has now been retired to be replaced by what Nathan called EDC3 which according to Nathan with have a swedge. I don't know for sure if the EDC3 is going to be an EDC1 based pattern with a swedge or an EDC2 with a swedge, but most likely the latter so it will be closer to the OP's desired EDC2.

Otherwise the OP's best bet for an actual EDC2 will be to snag ones from the exchange and the price range that they have been advertised for in the past recent months was in the 275-325 range depending on handle options, used or unused.

We'll have a sale here on our forum tomorrow at 3:00 eastern time for the EDC 3. If someone on that sale prefers an EDC2 instead we can accommodate them. :thumbsup:

We have to sell on sales like this rather than simply take open orders because the order lists become large and unmanageable so we simply started making knives and selling them on Fridays instead. We do open order lists a few times per year to accommodate folks who don't like the Friday sales. Those orders tend to get large and take up to a year to complete. The EDC has already been on a pre-order and probably won't be listed that way again until other patterns have been run through the pre-order process also, so tomorrow's sale will probably be the bet opportunity to pick up an EDC.

I don't think Fort Henry has any more EDC in stock, though they'll have some HDFK soon.

20190124_162118(0).jpg

The EDC3 is the same as an EDC2 except it is simply milled and tumbled without the shallow S grind (which was really intended for the choppers, but the EDC became a process test platform for it). And we added a neato milled swedge to it.

View attachment 1060492

The EDC3 is the same as an EDC2 except it is simply milled and tumbled without the shallow S grind (which was really intended for the choppers, but the EDC became a process test platform for it). And we added a neato milled swedge to it.
What are the bottom two handle materials? The bottom has a blue tinge or maybe it’s just the lighting.

They look great!

The one with the Ti fasteners looks like Ebonite, and the blue one looks like blue jean micarta! Me likey! :thumbsup::)

That last one with the "blue tinge" is Forest Green G10. I've owned it and to me, it's beautiful. More of a blue-grey-green with blue being the most obvious to my eye, at least.

Edit: the closer I looked at it, it looks the same color as the Forest Green G10 but the material itself, forgetting about color, doesn't appear to be G10, so maybe it is, indeed, micarta.

The bottom one looks like forest green g10 might be making a come back

That last one with the "blue tinge" is Forest Green G10. I've owned it and to me, it's beautiful. More of a blue-grey-green with blue being the most obvious to my eye, at least.

Edit: the closer I looked at it, it looks the same color as the Forest Green G10 but the material itself, forgetting about color, doesn't appear to be G10, so maybe it is, indeed, micarta.

I think it's forest green G10. That was my first impression too, but then it started looking like micarta.o_O

Back