Edge pro Choseras are coming off backing! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahoy BF,

I have a full set of choseras for the EP that I've not used for a year or two since getting my paper wheels. I went to get everything out to photograph in preparation to sell it all and to my disappointed surprise, most of the choseras are loose from the stones! I don't know if I let them soak too long when I was using them, but now I've got $250 worth of stones that aren't usable and can't be sold.

Does anyone have experience in re-attaching the stones to the backings? What adhesive should I use and how should I go about it to get the best results? I tried searching to no avail.

Please help! Thanks BF

Found the below description on EdgePro's own site, regarding their recommendations for mounting stones to blanks (I added the bold emphasis):

"Un-mounted stones must be mounted to a “stone blank” (sold separately) to be utilized with the Edge Pro sharpening systems. Customers who go through many stones can remove their worn out stones from the existing stone blank and mount their un-mounted stones themselves saving 50% off the mounted stone price. We suggest mounting the stones using 3M’s Super 77 adhesive spray."

8c4f6b05-a7bc-4353-97a3-caa98c458d4c_400.jpg

David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.