Edge Pro Polish Stones

Edge Pro sells two polishing stones on their website. One is a 2300 grit and one is a 4000 grit. They are pricey at $50.00 each. Does anyone have any experience with these stones? My search turned up nothing.

The link was for diamond / resin stones.
I don't have those yet.
I do have the Shapton Glass 4,000 and for the alloys it is designed to be used on I find it produces just top shelf results as far as easily hair whittling edges with no special technique and zero need for stropping or any of the films.
Without magnification the bevel appears to be a satisfying mirror. With closer inspection one can take the mirror further for appearances sake but as far as cutting performance I am totally pleased and satisfied with the Shapton Glass 4,000 stone for the Edge Pro Apex.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
PS: of course for the harder / high vanadium alloys etc the new diamond stones are highly desirable . . . nay . . . they are a must have !

The link was for the polishing stones, which are now called Matrix resin bond diamond stones. Nothing has changed about the resin bond diamond part, they are just adding 3 more grits to the lineup and admitting that diamond is the abrasive being used.

Edge Pro sells two polishing stones on their website. One is a 2300 grit and one is a 4000 grit. They are pricey at $50.00 each. Does anyone have any experience with these stones? My search turned up nothing.

I have both of them and love them. You can find my feedback on them in the post linked in this thread. They're excellent stones.

I'm sure D Diemaker can answer just about any question you could possibly have. :)

Back