)))))) Edge Renewal Utility contest ((((((

This giveaway is being put on by Bethel Ridge Forge. The prize to the winner is an ERU knife sharpener, along with a full set of degree wedges, video, marking pen and the alignment pin. In addition to the ERU the winner has the option of having two of their knives reprofiled. This can be a full reprofile of the main bevels as well as the edges, or I will regrind the cutting edges using our wet grinding system. The winner pays shipping to our shop, we will pick up the return shipping.

To enter the contest pick a 3 number combination and post it, one entry per person.
You must have an e-mail address to enter.
The contest will run until Friday, August the 14th.
Conus only.
Ohio Pick 3 will be used to pick the winner. The number used will be the evening number on August the 14th.
A list of numbers chosen will be posted on the first and last pages of the thread each day in the AM.

DSC02296-001.JPG

The ERU has been on the market for less than a year. We've been working on it for 5 years. Several people ask me, "why invent a pull through "V" sharpener" my answer, there is a great need for one that actually works to maintain a refined edge. So many of the pull through sharpeners work poorly at best and destructively at their worst.
The ERU is a different breed of pull through sharpener. Its accurate, fully adjustable and the results are refined and predictable. In other words it works as advertised.

DSC02408.JPG

What you can expect when using this system to sharpen your knives: The edge produced by using the degree wedges to control the edge angle, raising a burr along the edge and then using the ERU set at a matching angle to remove the burr is a "flat" cutting edge that is easy to maintain with just a few passes through the ERU.
The edge produced is clean and refined. This tool will not damage the edge. I use it for every knife I have from tomato slicing knives to my finest high end fighters.
If you would like to use a sharpening system that guarantees a "flat" refined edge, then join in this contest. You will be pleased with the results.

You can access the website for this sharpener @ this location ERU

I am happy to answer any questions, to the best of my ability even the contentious ones :)

Regards, Fred

Numbers chosen list as of 10 AM 8/14/2015

Scan.jpg

​Today is the last day to join in. Drawing this evening. Good luck to all. The contest will close at 4PM this evening.

Last edited:
The ERU has been on the market for less than a year. We've been working on it for 5 years. Several people ask me, "why invent a pull through "V" sharpener" my answer, there is a great need for one that actually works to maintain a refined edge. So many of the pull through sharpeners work poorly at best and destructively at their worst.
The ERU is a different breed of pull through sharpener. Its accurate, fully adjustable and the results are refined and predictable. In other words it works as advertised.

Ask me why I don't own a pull through sharpener…. YET. ;) Might just have to grab a few of these for Christmas present this year for friends and family who can't sharpen to save their lives…. :)

I'd like to play please & thanks for the opportunity….. 915 would be my pick here.

109 for me. Thanks, Fred, for doing this. I've been very curious about the ERU.

Andrew

Thanks for the opportunity!

Back