Edgepro for a sword?

How fast is the edgepro? Anyone have experience using it to sharpen really large blades? Like 32" double edged broad sword.:D

No it wouldn't work well for double-sided swords, as the system needs a spine to rest against the holding block. Besides, convex is better for swords.

Yeah, Ideally I would love a convex edge but unfortunately I do not have a belt grinder and I really don't want to spend the next month rubbing this monster on a mousepad. I'm trying to find a good commercial sharpening service around my area (CT). but in case I can't I'm looking for any other ways to do this job.

Unless you have an edge pro I would think the belt sander and accessories would probably be cheaper. Just thinking out loud...

Unless you have an edge pro I would think the belt sander and accessories would probably be cheaper. Just thinking out loud...
X2, a HF 1X30 belt sander + 40, 120, 320, 1000grit belts + leather belt + CrO would cost you less than $100.

The edgepro will work, but it's like trying to beat a 10 second 1/4 mile car by getting out and pushing your mercedes.

for double edged you just might want to INVEST in some butchers gloves... hair popping edges won't think twice about letting you know how easily you bleed.

Back