EDI Genesis II

I've been lurking here a while and tried to find all I could on the EDI Genesis II. It seems there were nothing but raves when the I came out. EDI appears to have fallen off the map, what happend? Anyways I bought a II NIB last night for $76 on auction is that a good price? My current edc is the large CRKT Point guard. I love it!

------------------
CHARRED CHOCOLATE FRIED STEAK IS WORSE THAN REGULAR CHOCOLATE FRIED STEAK

Well, I can comment to this! $76 is a decent price for as NIB EDI Gen 2...black blade or plain?

I have an EDI gen 2, black blade, plain edge. It's a nice, lightweight knife that is useful for bigger cutting chores. Takes a nice edge, too.

But honestly, I still prefer a 80 year old Stockman made by Imperial with 1095 steel blades. Why? Doesn't offend people, easy to touch up, 3 blades vs 1 and more acceptable to use for daily cutting. Also, with the Gen 2, the lock moved over pretty quickly for me..much too quickly for my tastes, but hasn't moved since then.

The Gen 2 has some hot spots in your hand with extended usage. I had to cut 1" thick stryofoam for a while and after 5 to 10 minutes of cutting, my hand was sore. Also, the handle flexes a good deal with some pressure, and the blade lockup, well, i still like lockbacks for a solid lockup!

All in all, a good carry knife at a good price. It should last pretty long and the action is very nice and smooth, just not my "style" knife right now.

I can't tell you about the gen II but I have had a gen I for about three years and have used it pretty hard. It is a black blade model and the coating has held up well. All around great knife. I had a tiny bit of blade wobble and took out the bushing and honed it and now it is rock solid again. As for EDI . . . I think they have gone under. The phone number on the web site has been disconnected and I tried emailing them for about a month with no response!

EDI is still in business with at least two new models soon to be produced.

I have a GenI that is well made, holds a great edge, clip carrys low, and a good size. That was a decent deal.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by m2fun:
EDI is still in business with at least two new models soon to be produced.

I have a GenI that is well made, holds a great edge, clip carrys low, and a good size. That was a decent deal.

</font>

If they are alive then why has their phone been disconnected?? Why do they not respond to ANY email?? They were saying those knives were about to be produced even when I bought my Gen I. I am not disagreeing but I have not found ANY signs of life there???? Have You??
I would hate to see them go because I have had great use from my Gen I!

**I just went to their site and sent another email to see if I get a response. I will update if there is a reply. My past three have gone unanswered.**

[This message has been edited by Jason Burns (edited 04-03-2001).]

Jason
Jerry Lockett of EDI is still there. Not certain why he is not responding to e-mail, has the phone turned off. He responded to my snail mail letter in last month.

He is great to deal with, he corrected an issue on my GenI last year by assorted parts and telling me how to fix the blade wobble (if the fix didnt work he urged me to send the knife back for him to fix or replace). At that time he mentioned issues with suppliers he was working.

the new EDI phone is 636-532-7118

I have one each of the new EDI knives on order. Based on the design and quality of the GenI the wait for these will be worth it.

M

Back