Edit Bug

Cougar Allen

Buccaneer (ret.)
When I click on "submit edited post" I have to wait forever and finally get the error message below, but then I find the edited version did go through successfully. That's happened both times I've edited a post this morning, not previously. I don't remember when was the last time I edited a post, though.

-Cougar Allen :{)

---------------------------------------------
Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which
prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely
cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator
to look for messages in the server's error log.

I'll check it right away, I have encountered the same error myself.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

[This message has been edited by Spark (edited 30 January 1999).]

It's fixed now -- thanks!
smile.gif

I suppose it was probably fixed a long time ago but I didn't notice until I edited a post today -- well, better late thanks than no thanks, I figure. I know what a thankless task maintaining a system is -- all you hear is complaints....

-Cougar Allen :{)

Better late than never, right Coug?

Anyhow, the problem is fixed (for now) but could rear it's head again in the future. I've addressed the issue with the creator of the software, and we'll see what we can do to make a better solution.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

[This message has been edited by Spark (edited 13 February 1999).]

Spark,

I came here to report the same problem, and it is still happening as of last night (12 Feb), at least for me.

What I have happen is after I click the "Submit Edited..." I never get any message. The edited post does get posted, but I'm sitting in my browser with the status saying "...waiting for reply." Eventually I click the "Stop" button, and get on with life.

And I also think "posting" the "meaningless" member status is hokey. I know it's a new toy, but I don't think it adds anything to our "experience".

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm glad you're here!

Thomas

P.S. Yup, I just tried it on this message and the same thing happened. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by ThomasH (edited 13 February 1999).]

Hi Spark,

Don't know if you're still following this thread, but the last couple of "Message Edits" worked fine.

Short delay, then the expected "Thank you..." and I get forwarded back to the thread. Nice.

Thomas

Spark,

I just tried to edit a post, and I got the same error message that Cougar wrote about.

Oddly enough when I try to edit the post again my changes are in the "Message to edit" box. It also has the times when I tried to edit the post, but the thread still has the original message.

I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Axel

I'm having the problem mentioned. It seems to have come back. I just get past it by entering Bladeforums again.
Blades

Sparks its head up again.
Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a
misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

However the edit is being made you just get a message saying it is not.

------------------
Blue Skies,
Rob
OEC
www.outdooredge.com

Back