Electric shaver or razor blade

Preference?
There are pros and cons to each. Overall, I prefer a razor

Hi,

It does not hurt. Its quick and need not much care.
But its NOT as clean as with a blade.

Therefore i shave electric first and with a blade afterwards.

Smoother, closer and a painfree experience.
Best of both worlds ;)
Bye ric

I have never owned an electric razor that can shave as close as a razor, or my Delica for that matter!

This has been my experience as well. My wife bought me a new electric shaver for Christmas last year. I use it pretty often, but I still go back to the razor for a nice close shave.

I guess the electric razor is there for quick and easy convenience of an almost-skin-smooth shave! If you want skin smooth, stick to a bladed razor! I like the ritual of hot shaving cream, shaving with a super sharp straight razor. My wife loves my smooth baby face afterwards!

I choose electric for convenience but in my experience you can't go cheap unfortunately. Only the higher end units work well.

I've tried an electric razor a couple times thinking it would be faster, but it never was for me. Just doesn't shave nearly as close and I've always had to go over an area several times to get it reasonable (former military). I bought top of the line electrics too.

I used the decent 5-bladed razors that cost an arm and a leg for many many years. Just recently started using a safety razor. Takes a bit longer, but feels so much better and a much closer shave. Keep my "regular" razor for times when I am in a rush.

I do get a closer shave with a razor but not by much. I got tired of the mess plus I have a small mole on my jawline that I would occasionally cut. I can get almost as close a shave with my electric razor, close enough that I rarely use a blade.

I've tried an electric razor a couple times thinking it would be faster, but it never was for me. Just doesn't shave nearly as close and I've always had to go over an area several times to get it reasonable (former military). I bought top of the line electrics too.

I used the decent 5-bladed razors that cost an arm and a leg for many many years. Just recently started using a safety razor. Takes a bit longer, but feels so much better and a much closer shave. Keep my "regular" razor for times when I am in a rush.

Hey Mobster. I was also under the impression that electric shaver is faster than razor. Even some of reviews supports the claim. But when I myself use the stopwatch. I found razor to be fast and easy. :) Moving on I am wearing beard now.

For me it's always a wet shave as I find electric shavers rub the skin and course irritation . And I get a far better shave with a razer

I will use the cheapest safety razor out there.

I don't go for a complete 100% clean shaven look, 90-95% is good enough. Slightest hint of a 5 o'clock shadow or a smidge or two cleaner is what I generally aim for.

Well, actually, let me corrrect that.. I will use the cheapest decent safety razor. I've bought dodgy looking safety razors here from those dollar stores that are soooo bad... like AUD$2 for ten or something... no... those really suck. Anything home brand at a supermarket is where I draw the line.

Back