Elmax??

Actually, don't use loctite on the 0801. The threading is so wide loctite won't work, it will just add useless gunk to your pivot screw. What you need to do is what I did, roll the threads on the male pivotscrew in teflon tape. About 5 rolls should do. Now assemble the knife and watch in joy as the pivot stays put. ;)

Kudos for this elegant solution go to youtuber TheApostleP who talks about this in his videoreview of the 0801.

As far as sharpening goes. I also have the Sharpmaker system and ran into "problems" with some powdersteels like S30V and Elmax. My 0301 drove me crazy for not taking an edge on the sharpmaker. I got so frustrated I ended up taking one of the sharpening rods and did some free hand sharpening with it and surprise surprise.. I ended up with a very decent edge. If you're not comfortable trying your hand at that maybe do some dry runs on useless old kitchen cutlery before you try it on your 0801.

I'm assuming you meant five wraps of tape. Five rolls would hide the entire knife!

Back