EMAIL TODAY! Ohio Knife Law Reform Bill Up For Vote

Critter

Platinum Member
[Post in General approved by Spark]

We are not yet done with 2020! Knife Rights’ Ohio Knife Law Reform Bill, SB 140, could come up for a vote by the full House as soon as tomorrow (Tuesday). We need your help to push SB 140 over the line!

SB 140 would change Ohio knife law by making two separate substantive changes:

1. Repealing the ban on manufacture and sale of “switchblade,” “spring blade” and “gravity” knives;

2. Clearing up the confusion in Ohio law regarding carry of ANY knife by defining a knife, razor or cutting instrument as a “deadly weapon” or “weapon” ONLY if it is used as a weapon. This would allow carrying any knife concealed in Ohio.

SB140 already passed the Senate 32-1 in June of 2019.

If you live, work or travel in OHIO, please use Knife Rights’ Legislative Action Center to ask House members to vote YES on SB 140: https://kniferights.org/resources/congressweb/#/37

DO IT TODAY and help us push this bill over the finish line!

Knife Rights is America’s grassroots knife owners’ organization; leading the fight to Rewrite Knife Law in America™ and forging a Sharper Future for all Americans™. Knife Rights efforts have resulted in 32 bills enacted repealing knife bans in 22 states and over 100 cities since 2010.

Done and done.

Following up with a hand written snail mail letter. to my local representative Not sure if lobbyist generated, push button and send form letters have any impact, but I appreciate the effort.

Done and done.

Following up with a hand written snail mail letter. to my local representative Not sure if lobbyist generated, push button and send form letters have any impact, but I appreciate the effort.

The emails generated from our advocacy link do have an impact, especially these days where there may only be a day or two between a call for action and a vote. Legislators these days generally don't differentiate or discriminate between old school and more technological methods of contact. We hear from legislators who note that they get these messages. It does have impact. Snail mail letters are also impactful, but too often the typically short legislative time frame keeps them from being helpful. Thanks for your help.

Critter Critter
Thank you for all your work!
I did the whole email thing when I first saw this thread. Any updates? Last I checked it didn't look like they had voted yet.

Critter Critter
Thank you for all your work!
I did the whole email thing when I first saw this thread. Any updates? Last I checked it didn't look like they had voted yet.
Thanks! Our bill was scheduled for a Wednesday vote, then some legislators tested positive on Tuesday and they canceled the rest of the week. There is now talk of a 2-day session either next week, or more likely, the week between Christmas and New Years. We are monitoring it and keeping our fingers crossed. We can only wait and see. The joys of pursuing legislation, made more joyful in 2020 due to COVID-19. Thanks for your support.

Back