Emerson Autos

Through looking at the different postings on this site I've noticed that automatic knives seem pretty popular. Why doesn't Emerson have an Auto?

Clay

------------------
It is not the critic who counts the credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena.

I think one of the biggest reasons why is because he is based out of the Peoples Republic of California and cannot manufacture them there. Besides, his blades have been immensely popular without an automatic line, so why divert the resources to that? Also, if you have had the pleasure of playing with a Commander, it is clearly faster out of the pocket than an automatic. None of this is take anything away from autos, because I like them too!

-Scott

Scott has pretty much hit the nail on the head. The manufacture/distribution/sales of autos is rather tricky and a big headache. They also sort of defeat our straightforward approach to knifemaking.

If you haven't tried one, give one of our waved models a try (ther are two now you all know, right?). They are consistently much faster to present than an auto.

Take care,
Derek

------------------
Emersonknives.com

The #1 Hard Use Knives In The World

Back