Price US$1950.00
1 CQC 6 Specwar Logo 1999 with secondary
bevel Price US$1500.00
1 CQC 7 Specwar Logo 2000- zero ground
Price US$1750.00 - SOLD!!
1 CM1(prototype Custom Commander)Specwar Logo
no date V-grind,US$1950.00 - SOLD!!

All above are satin Blades.

Thanks for looking and email me for further details.
Best wishes,

Oliver

[This message has been edited by CHINDIT (edited 03-27-2001).]

5-6-7-
eek.gif

How COOL is that?!
Its times like these that I find myself pondering the question, "Is that mortagae really a NECESSARY expense?"

------------------
Usual Suspect
http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/arkhamdrifter/index.html

Holy Cats!!!
eek.gif

Thats a ready made collection!! And I've got no cash!!!

Where is that tax return!!!!

Chuck

Please check your mail. I'm interested in the CQC7.

[This message has been edited by bmschultz (edited 03-23-2001).]

Oliver hasn't put the picture of the knives up yet, so I thought I would help the poor guy out.
smile.gif

View

(Can't believe he's parting with his "CM-1")

Oliver: Is the CM1 a complete handmade or is it one of the prototypes Ernest made up to introduce the knife, with a handground blade and a production handle?

BL

It's my understanding that the CM-1s are all custom. When they were made, there was no production bodies for the Commander.

To add to the explination, The liners on mine are more akin to the ES1-M then a Commander. They are bead blasted and are contoured like an ES1-Ms. Also, the CM-1s I have seen are actually thicker then even the 98 Commanders or ES1'Ms.

Next time I talk with Ernie I'm see if we can't confirm that for sure.

Thanks Guys for the Great response!
smile.gif

Thats mighty kind of you John to go through the trouble and thanks to you, everyone can see what I am offering. Yes, all are as you see them and MINT.

My apologies to those that sent me mail, and, as I suddenly got hit with a flu since yesterday I am just getting to all my messages. Will get back to all ASAP.

As for CM1, as I understand, these were totally made by Ernie before Commanders went on production line. As John says, blade and handles etc seems to be thicker overall than ES1-M & Commander. Great feel in the hand.

Best wishes,
Oliver

[This message has been edited by CHINDIT (edited 03-24-2001).]

Oliver and John: I spoke to Ernest yesterday. He saw this post and he didn't understand the CM1 logo. He thought this might be one of the knives he made a few years ago for the Solvang show as prototypes with a handground blade,non-handmade handles and liners probably cut by waterjet. Oliver I'm interested in the knife, but the price I offer has a lot to do with whether it's`totally handmade. Please check it out and let me know. Thanks.

In my past conversations with Ernie about knives of this type, it was always his position that they were handground blades fitted to production handles, liners, etc. Ernie never used the word "prototype" to describe them, because they were made post-production, but offered at the time the prodo knives were introduced. He sold similar version knives of the production CQC7A, for example, at the NYC show in 1998. They were priced at $300, and Ernie said he only made about 10 of each knife type. They had SpecWar logos, but Ernie was very adamant about noting them to be non-custom in the usual sense.

Anyone else have any input to help clear this up for posterity?

Seth: That's my understanding. My Specwar with a handground blade was one of a few made up when this knife was going to be introduced. The production line is already set to go, which explains how production handles can go on the knife before its "officialy" introduced.

Guys - I have a Commander with the same features (got it from a guy in South Africa-if I remember a friend of JBRAVO), anyway - I'll show it to Ernie at Solvang in a month.
I had NO idea the prices were at this level!
I must've missed the threads last yaer when Les sold his. - Bill

------------------
He who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither.
AKTI#1143

Gentlemen,
You will note from the above edited posting that the CM1 & the CQC7 have been SOLD.

Warmest Greetings,
Oliver

Oliver, John and AZ: First, Oliver it's a pleasure doing business with you, get over the flu soon. I've purchased the commander from Oliver and as soon as I get it I'll take it to Ernest for a final confirmation of his present thinking. As of now he thinks these knives were made for the Solvang show prior to production, with handground blades, waterjet cut liners and CNC handles, instead of Ernest cuuting the liners and handles himself. As soon as I know for sure I'll post it.

Received the ' CM1 ' today. A great knife. Like jbravo and the other suspects, Oliver is a terrific guy.( He even included a commander sheath as a gift!) As soon as I show Ernest the knife, I'll post what I find out

A little more info on the first Commander.

I bought two at the Las Vegas Knife Show in Jan.1998 (same weekend as the SHOT show). He had several hand ground Commanders and was taking orders on the regular production version which would be serial numbered. He also had about six customs which he auctioned off. I got a prototype of the CQC7B which went into production a couple years later. I have since sold the prototype and one of the handgrounds.

Bladelaw - Did you ever talk to Ernie about the "CM1" ?

------------------
He who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither.
AKTI#1143

Back