Emerson M-15 / Mini CQC-15 picture review...

Just got this in today from EDC Knives. Thanks Evans and Duane.
It's my first Emerson since the company started applying the stonewashed finish.
And I've gotta say, I am thoroughly impressed with this knife. The size is just perfect, and the swedge also significantly improves the look of the blade.
Out of the box, the knife opened up very smoothly. And the stonewashed finish is superb. I also like the visible grind lines against the stonewashed finish. Gives the knife custom, hand ground look to it.
I have to say. The lock is perfect. I took a picture of it. Nice and early, and very tight. I'm happy to report that the lock is on the thicker side.
With everything the M-15 has going for it, I can't help by express that this model is my new favorite.

M-15001.jpg

Nice flowing shape of the handle and blade.

M-15002.jpg

The new stonewashed finish.

M-15003.jpg

Here's the M-15 next to what I could call a standard sized Emerson, the CQC-10, and the smallest in the Emerson lineup, a modified Mini CQC-6.

M-15004.jpg

This picture with the same knives above in the closed position gives an even better idea of how much pocket real state the M-15 will occupy.

M-15005.jpg

Who says Emerson's liner locks are too thin? I'll let you be the judge.

I hope all of you enjoyed this review as much as I am enjoying my new M-15. Thanks for looking.
M-15006.jpg

That Mini 15 is awesome. I really like the stonewash finish.:thumbup:

Nice pics and review - thx.

Picked one up myself and agree it's a great knife. Mine came in the same state - perfect lockup and smooth action.

Paul, that shit is tight bro!

I'm really finding it hard to wait for these stonewashed puppies to hit the shelves.

Stonewash is a killer finish IMO. The best there is, bar none.

A CQC8 in stonewash with a swedge is just going to be bad-ass!!!

Bring it on Emerson!!!!

Just got my M-15... my first Emerson. Definately not my last. This is my new EDC knife which will replace a Benchmade I've been carrying for several years. Mine is very smooth and locks up super tight! I have quite a few folders, and this one is my new favorite. Black serrated blade... Serial #0058! Just awesome!

finally opened up my package (was sitting there a week, while i was on vacation) and am enjoying my M-15. Was carrying a CQC-14 which quickly went into the box! This is one sweet knife! My hand wraps around the handle so well and the blade to handle ratio is fantastic. #0012 Stonewashed finish.. Out of the box it was so smooth... the best Emerson so far in my humble mini collection!

Back