emerson mini commander BTS

got an emerson mini commander for US$216 (manila philippines, shipped, taxed).

i think i accomplished what i set out to do, get it right the first time. this is my first pocket folder, not counting the balisongs i used to play with.

took it apart and it appears that to eliminate side to side play, one really has to tighten the main screw a bit, which could hinder flick opening of the knife. anyway, easy enough to learn to use it, including the wave function.

the wave is such an ingenious invention, one that would have seemed natural but it took quite so time for it to appear, knives have been around a long time, the wave less than 20 years probably?

very sharp factory edge, i am ambivalent about edge geometry, but it is sharp and will cut rope or seat belt material very easily.

all in all very happy with the purchase though i think a lot of the satisfaction comes more from knowing one is in possession of an emerson more than anything else really, nice to have and comforting, though i know i need more training really . . . and to be honest i use my solingen pocket swiss army type knife more than anything, still. that little knife i've had for about 22 years, will i have this emerson 22 years from now? who knows?

Back