Emerson Vindicator on it's way

I inquired with Steve, great guy, over at bladeswelove about getting either a cqc-15 or a commander and he recommended the vindicator and I couldn't resist. Anyone else have one? How do you feel about the knife? How does it compare to other Emersons?

The Vindicator is a nice mid size knife, slightly smaller than the other two you mentioned. I prefer the 15 to it but it feels good in the hand. The blade is very usable it is much like the patriot blade but wider. I like the more subtle recurve compared to the commander. Overall a good all around blade.

I thought is was only slightly smaller than the 15 but the same size as the commander. Dang.

Vindicator us a great all around blade that is more easily maintained than a commander or cqc15 imho.

The Vindicator is a great knife. Very smooth open/close with the single detent design. The height of the blade and handle gives the knife a little bit of heft which I like. I really have nothing bad to say.

I thought is was only slightly smaller than the 15 but the same size as the commander. Dang.

I just compared the three and all are roughly the same length overall. The Commander feels the big to me because of the handle shape. It forces my grip to the bottom of the handle while the other two are more comfortable gripping mid handle. All great designs, gotta love the recurve.

Congrats on the Vindicator! :thumbup: I just got mine as well and I love it! Here are some pics of it and the 15 so you have an idea.

Thanks shandrydan1, I will definitely be picking up the 15 in the near future.

The full sized 15 is one of the few knives I actually prefer serrated, but the Mini15 I prefer straight edge.

I picked up a Vindicator. I picked one up to replace my cqc10. I'd have to say it is versatile. It's the same size as my commander at 3.75 inches with a wide blade. Very slight recurve on a bowie-esq platform. The fit and finish was superb with an early lock up. It is smooth. In the pocket, it disappears. It is very easy to carry. I think the qualities I love about the cqc10 apply to the vindicator as well. It is good at any task from SD to utility. For all the talk about 154 CM. It is my preferred steel for duty work. Holds an edge along time. Easy to resharpen. Doesn't Crack or chip. I've never had it corode.

It was a last minute call to get the Vindicator. Literally, I couldn't find anything on it when I picked it up. I really feel it is a very good design.

Proud Vindicator owner here! I'd never sell it I love it that much. That said.....it's a beast!!! It's a heavier knife, and takes up more pocket space. I also own the smaller sheepdog that you can notice the difference for sure in the pocket. That said, the sheepdog is my summer carry, and the Vindicator gets the winter time covered.

The geometry on the Vindicator has an amazing cutting edge vs. the sheepdog, much easier with the small belly recurve. I have not had to do any sharpening yet, just a brief stropping. Fit and finish on mine was excellent, and why I argue with people that say Emerson doesn't care how their knives look, when they do.

Back