1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Endela: plain or spyderedge

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by DocT, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Plain edge

72.7%
  2. Spyderedge

27.3%
  1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    The new Endela is an exciting and much needed knife. It was released in plain edge and...of all things...a full flat ground serrated edge. Normally, with serrations we get saber ground blades. This ffg makes the spyderedge much more attractive as a cutter.

Which do you prefer?

2. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    I want a SE, full flat grind should be a good all rounder. Looking forward to hear how people find it.
    Mitch

3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd consider serrated if I didn't have the serrated Delica warny. It's also FFG. With the Endela I'm waiting for a steel upgrade.

4. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Option 3- ZDP

5. steelcitysixteen

steelcitysixteen Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Foliage Green Combo Edge just like the Delica and Endura. I'll take a Police LW in that format as well.

Aside from that, waiting on some FFG LC200N Salts in both PE and SE.

6. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    I got a PE today, very sharp and great slicer/cutter. I think I will stick with the PE. I use more for Utility, but if you carry it as a dedicated Self Defense tool, maybe Spyder Edge.

7. CPM3V

CPM3V Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2019
    One more vote for plain. In my experience so long as you dont mind resharpening occasionaly, a plain edge is usually better for most cutting tasks. If you dont like to sharpen knives go serrated. Just my 2cents.

8. Fletcher.357

Fletcher.357

Jul 6, 2013
    I'll get both as soon as my local gun shop gets them. I tend to prefer se folders because I always carry a plain edge fixed blade.

9. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Best of both worlds :thumbsup:
    Mitch