1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Endura blade play

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by kershawguy13, Sep 4, 2016.

1. kershawguy13

kershawguy13

May 8, 2014
    Noticed my FFG Endura has some vertical blade play. If I pull up on the blade I can feel it, or when cutting harder materials. Normal?

2. Tommythewho

Tommythewho

Aug 21, 2011
    Normal on the ones i own, 3 or 4 of them, flat grind, saber grind

3. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Normal.

4. kurt6652

kurt6652

Dec 9, 2008
    Sometimes you can eliminate vertical play, by tightening the lock bar pivot screw.

5. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    After some hard use even the ones that didn't have it will develop it.

6. Sharp Guy

Sharp Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I don't have an Endura but most of my Delicas and Dragonflys all have a tiny bit of vertical wiggle. They didn't have it when new but it's developed over time. I can't feel it when I'm using them so it doesn't bother me.

My Natives, Stretches, and Chap are still solid at this point.

7. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Completely normal in the Spydie lockbacks. All of the ones I've owned had a bit of up/down play, some more than others. Don't let that deter you though, it still functions safely as a lock and I've never heard of a Spydie lockback fail in any way under normal use...