Endura idea

The endura is my favorite knife, and I use one every day, how about
an endura with a black blade and stainless handle, but with the rubber inserts like the pro venator, also is their any plans of a variation of the Endura.

Yes, Spyderco is changing the blade steel to VG-10 and putting a saber grind on the blade. The Delica is also getting this change.

Hi Die Hard. Thanx for the input. I undertand the stainless/kraton handle, but why the black blade?

We have immediate plans to change the steel on the Endura and Delica to G10.

Thorin, The grind has been changed on the current model, but it's not a sabre. We just changed the hollow ground to a flat grind. The grind lines are the same. The change provides for a stronger tip. The grinds changed first, (I believe this is already out) although most of the general mareket ELUs would not notice the difference.

The change in steel is expected to begin in the next few months. Again, I don't know how many users would notice the steel change. They generally know if they like it or not, if it holds an edge or not, or if it rusts easly or not. Most are not up on steels and their differences. That's why terms like "440" or "surgical" steel still impress people.

In fact, it's often surprizing to see how much the forumites know about knife steels. 20 years ago, when we began putting the steels on the blade, the differences were "stainless" steel vs "carbon" steels. Nobody said what they used and no body asked.

sal

And here I thought the Delica was already as good as it could get--COOL!

Guess I'm gonna have to buy a couple to replace my ATS-55 versions...

Back