Endura Wharncliffe???

Hi Mastiffhound,

The Warnie Endura is in-the-works. We dont have an ETA, sorry.

Hey Ponykid,

We're more concerned with long term performance that appearance. The Warncliffe blade shape is very thin at the tip to begin with. If we make it too thin, then customers brak the tip and complain. So we have to fine the balance between a strong and fucntional, but sharp tip.

sal

HI Sal

thanx for responding to my comment. I understand your reasoning. Hope its a success for you guys!!! Love your knives!!

Thank you for the reply Sal! I can't wait, hopefully you give us guys a heads up when it gets close. This right here is why Spyderco is the best!

I’d love a few of these. Esp if they used reg ole vg10 or s35vn. All the other crazy steel I personally don’t care for

I would guess that they will start with black FRN handle scales and VG-10 blade.

As a standard catalog model like the Delica version.

Always a chance of sprint runs later on.

There is at least two sprint runs of the Delica version by now.

Hi Sal,

My HAP 40 Pakkawood Endura became my EDC about 5 mins after I got my hands on it ;). If a Seki-City HAP 40 Wharncliffe Endura gets put in the too hard basket, maybe something could be done out of Golden in REX 45 instead? I know the price point would increase but I'm sure it would sell well!

I'm totally down for field testing. I'll EDC for as long as you want, Sal. :D

I just hope there will be a 3.5 inch Blade Version too! I need one to carry in Colorado.

Reminds me of my plain-edge Rescue. Its the best work knife I've ever had. It has cut wood, plastic, sheet rock, aluminum, rope, string, mule tape, stripped wire, opened splices, turned screws. It has lived a hard life.
I would love for this to be available again. The sheepsfoot is a much better hard-use shape than a wharncliffe, IMHO.
One nice thing about sheeps and wharnies is if you break the tip, its really easy to regrind. This one is a bit shorter than when it was new.

That proto looks great. So cool that Spyderco interacts with customers and does things like this. It's one of the reasons (besides them making the best folders out there) my collection has evolved over the years to contain almost exclusively Spydie folders.

588C9764-D240-4248-B7D8-A50E7E119690_zpsljfclmlt.jpg

2094C504-9AA4-42D0-832B-5F391266091E_zpsaucwjv97.jpg

Back